Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB 2020.1 Running Slow and Reports Timing Out or Crashing

Hi Support, 

Recently upgraded to V2020.1, Using SE Version on Server. Recording a Sale or a Purchase is sometimes taking over a minute to record. This was an ongoing problem.

We cannot get any bigger reports out of the system now after upgrading without it timing out or crashing the whole app.

Myob MYOB File is 1.2GB Large. From talks with MYOB and peers this may be a big impact in performace. However there is no way to reduce the size of the file. 

We have removed any AV from running. Went through the performace fourm post. We have moved the MYOB to a single desktop with SD Drive(s) to triple check it wasnt  the server and while the recording has improved we can only get the basic reports out. The larger ones still either timeout or crash.

We have also applied the Timeout Extender, however after 10 minutes the bar is still going across and its saying please wait (has not crashed yet).

Can someone please shed some light on what needs to happen to get MYOB reports back to working state ?

Thanks

Christian 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,994 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,994Posts

1,539Kudos

1,828Solutions

Re: MYOB 2020.1 Running Slow and Reports Timing Out or Crashing

Hi @ChristianD 

Given the size of the file, its worth giving serious consideration to starting a new file for new transactions going forward. This would allow you to start with a blank slate and also remove any inactive and unused information such as old cards, items and payroll categories.

Although the timeout extender lengthens the time AccountRight allows before experiencing a timeout error, it doesn’t speed the product up. As such if you were running reports that reported on a large amount of information these potentially can take some time for AccountRight to compile and report on the information.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neil_M ,

Is there any plans to enable us to reduce our file size?  I just searched and found this as i was going to post the same thing.  I have had a report running for approx 45 minutes then it just crashed without giving me anything.

I do not have the time to start a whole new file and prefer to be able to purge some data as we were able to in Premier.

I believe it affects every aspect of using the file from entering invoices, running reports and sending emails.  I cant even print my daily invoices without having to close the program down and start again.  

If I try to send all my emails at once (eg statements - approx 200) it thinks about it for a moment but then doesnt do anything.  Even the next day the statements are not sent - I have been sending them in batches of 20 - but that defeats  the time saving features of the online system.  I did post a wek or so ago asking for the email limits (ie how many can be sent at once) as I cannot find it in any help articles or the forum.

As an aside we have 6 other online files and none of them have the problems we have in this file - which makes me believe it is this file, in particular its size, not our system or internet which is the problem.

Highlighted
Valued User
293 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

293Posts

82Kudos

30Solutions

FGH Tables can purge your file. It will cost a fee but they seem to have a quick turnaround time so you won't lose days without a system.

Cheers

Robert

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Repoting Issues

@Steven_M 

We have extended time out, are using the most recent version 2020.2.2 and have a live file.

My recent internet speed tests show between 220-250Mbps down and 22-25Mbps up

I am trying to export our orders (which are entered as sales) for tomorrows date - a single day - around 40 invoices.  Up until today we have done this no problem (every day for the past 10 years)

All other staff have logged out of the file

I keep getting a timeout message.

Any further hints??

Where can I find information on AccountRight Live performance as that is the only part of the puzzle I cant control.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post