Australia
Contributing Cover User

31Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Superannuation payments on bank register that we can not delete

Hi,

We attempted to make superannuation payments on the 14th of last month and it was approved awaiting authorisation- text message confirmation. We went back in and actually paid the super on the 25th. On the bank register it has "Superannuation" as paid on the 14th and on the bank register it also says " MYOB Super" was paid on the 25th.

Bank statements confirm payment was only made on the 25th.

The "MYOB Super" on the 25th has been matched on the bank feeds to an account for super which is all fine.. but we can not delete on the bank register on the 14th " Superannuation" which is not balancing things out for the accountant.

Please advise what to do from here!? THANK YOU!!!

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Melisa_D
950 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

950Posts

66Kudos

70Solutions

Re: Superannuation payments on bank register that we can not delete

Hi @Carabooda

Thank you for your post, can I clarify if the payment via the bank register is a spend money transaction ? If so, are you able to open the transaction > Select edit > and Select delete transaction?

If this does not work, can I clarify if the arrow next to the bank transaction is greyed out ?

Please let me know, I am more than happy to assist. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User Carabooda
31 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

31Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa,

Thank you for your reply! I am not sure how to clarify if the payment via the bank register is a spend money transaction? We paid the super via MYOB through the 'Pay Superannuation' tab.

Unfrortunately it will not allow me to to open the transaction > Select edit > and Select delete transaction. Have tried multiple times in as many ways as I can imagine it could work.

The arrow next to the bank transaction is not greyed out.... Thank you, looking forward to your reply!

Haley : )

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,455 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,455Posts

551Kudos

1,156Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Carabooda 

When the Pay Superannuation transaction was recorded on 14th, that's why the software consider the super paid (even though the money only left your bank on 25th) If the 'pay from' account selected in that transactions is the correct bank account, this transactions will appear in bank register associated with this bank account. Pay Superannuation transactions cannot be deleted, they can only be reversed.

As the super is already paid on 14th within the software, there should not be another transaction hitting the same bank account again on 25th (the one you mentioned as 'MYOB Super'), this would be a duplicate. From the bank register, you can click on the arrow next to the transaction to view the transaction details, the top of the window will also show the transactions type, e.g. Spend Money or Pay Superannution. We suspect the duplicate transaction on 25th is a Spend Money transaction.

So the options here would be:

1) Delete the duplicate transaction (25th), and match the bank transaction to the Pay Superannuation transaction (14th). This would leave a clear audit trail.

2) Or if preferred for a particular reason, you can consider reversing the Pay Super transaction (14th) instead.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User Carabooda
31 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

31Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can you please help us understand why there are duplicate transactions in the first place? It is all abit confusiing, help is much appreciated.

MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
799 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

799Posts

112Kudos

91Solutions

Hi @Carabooda 

When you process a payment through Pay Superannuation a payment transaction is automatically recorded. The Date you enter is the date of that transaction, not the payment date. In this case, the transaction was recorded on the 14th, therefore, it will appear in the Bank Register on the 14th.  The payment date is the date you authorise the payment. So as mentioned by Clover you just need to match the transaction on the 14th to the payment on the 25th.

Recording a Spend Money transaction on the 25th will create a duplicate of the automatic transaction created on the 14th.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post