analyse inventory summary

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

analyse inventory summary

This report is essential in order not to run short of any stock item... The only problem is that if we are looking at stock items that are included as a component of something we sell, then in the column under "committed" it will show 0. Even though we have a number of pending orders that will use these items when we go ahead and build the items prior to invoicing. in the attached pdf I show the items which all are components for something we sell and are part of the autobuild. I don't think the system architecture has this capability, and if it does not, I think it would be great to include... Is there another way we can inventory the components that includes "committed" in orders that takes in to account the autobuild?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
35,671 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

35,671Posts

4,798Kudos

5,210Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: analyse inventory summary

Hi @carlcats 

The Committed value of an item derives from the quantity on orders of that item.

If that item is included in an order that value will not be shown as committed if the auto built item is included on an order. The reason for this is that it works off the item listed on the transaction. For example if the auto built item was included on an order then it would show as that item being committed similar with the raw item if that particular item is directly included on the order then it would be shown.

To my knowledge, we are not looking at making any significant changes to this space in future updates.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
4,470 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

4,470Posts

2,007Kudos

561Solutions

Hi @carlcats , in version 19 we used to be able to prepare custom reports on the demand for components, using the autobuild table via the ODBC driver, but in the current program, the autobuild information is not yet available via the API, so we are unable to help you. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks you all for your quick response.. It would be very useful specially when you are planning to place a stock order from our supplier. the current report does not take into account 20 or 30 pending orders that would take up many of those components.. so we are forced to review each order and hand write how many components are committed in each order to determine how many we need to order.. not sure how many users rely on auto build and have components that individually are not for sale but as a part of the "whole" are. that's my dilemma .. haha thank you.... Carl

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post