email address

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner Julie_A_C
3,183 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,183Posts

825Kudos

0Solutions

Re: email address

hi @Shembers01,

It may be that you are not directing the upgrade assistant to the correct place that the latest file is in.

I am just trying to work from memory here, as it has been a long time since I have worked on a Mac and Account edge.

If you have a shortcut for the data file on your desktop, then try right clicking, maybe left on a mac and checking the properties, and then make note of where the target desitination is.  Or try going into finder, typing your data file name and noting the exact details of where the data file is.

You may have to be directing the assistant to C drive, Documents folder, User folder, Data files etc etc, or it may be C drive, Programs, Account Edge, data files etc etc, that is why it may take a while to know where to actually direct to and you need to get all the folders in the correct order.

If this doesn't help I would suggest you may need to ring the tech help guys who should more know how to work on a Mac.

If I had my son in laws Mac here I could help a bit more on how to find the exact details but like I said I am just trying to work from memory here.

Let me know how you go.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Contributing Cover User Shembers01
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No luck Julie

It doesnt give me any option to enter a file name or location. 

The upgrade assistant has four steps and I cant get past step 2.

On step 2 there is a button that says "find file"  (to upgrade)

There's no option to enter a file name or location, you just have to select a file and click on it.

When I click on  AccountEdge 13, all that comes up is "custom forms", "custom reports", "letters", "officelink", and "spreadsheets".  These are the only options, my company files are not listed there so I cant select them to upgrade them. 

I just dont understand it. I hope you can help.

Could I just say, (and this is in no way a criticism of you because you have been very helpful), I have used MYOB products for over 20 years and what I have liked about the products over that time is that it is easy enough for someone like me who is not great with computers to manage and operate the programs.  I find this current issue very disappointing and frustrating, particularly as it was a known issue with version 13 of accountedge. Also MYOB charges over $1000 per year for support. 

Partner Julie_A_C
3,183 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,183Posts

825Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Shembers01,

When you got to the find file and then clicked on accountedge13 did you change the look for file types to all files?

This is just going from a PC/Laptop view so don't know if it is the same in MAC or not, but if it is this may be what is holding it back from finding the file.

The only other option I can suggest is that you ring the support line who should have more 'know how' working with either a MAC or PC.

Sorry to be not much more help for you.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post