Cover User
PtM
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

importing spend data as csv file errors

I have spent the whole day trying to import data via a csv file. Error after error has accured from invalid date, unbalanced transaction, Account number not found in list of postable accounts. This has been driving me insane.

I had started the day exporting spend money data so I could follow the format, but despite everything I could not upload my data, always an error of some type. I then did this test: I exported two transactions as CSV files, these are repeat transaction that occur every month, I opened the CSV file in Notepad and only changed the month from 07 to 10, saved the file (attached) and tried upload only to end in failure (attached).

Somebody please help!

2 REPLIES
Valued Partner JeffreyStephens
110 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia
JeffreyStephens
Valued Partner

110Posts

75Kudos

17Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: importing spend data as csv file errors

Hi @PtM

The import file looks good to me. I tried reproducing what you did by exporting exactly the same fields and importing them back in but I received an 19-Unbalanced transaction error which is expected because there is no tax amount to balance the difference between the header and allocation accounts but I did nto receive a 15 Account number not found error.

The only thoughts are 

1) to double check that the allocation account number has not changed since the original export and that its type has not been changed to a header

2) try exporting all the fields and importing back in with no changes just to get a base line working and then try changing the date before reimporting

Jeff

Jeff Stephenson BCom | MYOB Professional Developer | Solution Architect
Accounting Addons - 1300 ADDONS | (1300 233 667)
jeff@accountingaddons.com.au | accountingaddons.com.au

Excel Add-on Solutions, Consulting, Training, Customisation & Support
BudgetLink | ExcelReportLink | ODBCLink | DirectDebitsLink
PtM
2 Posts
Cover User
PtM
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: importing spend data as csv file errors

Hi Jeff,

Just done a re-test, this time in the export file I included the "tax amount" category which will make the totals balance. As before I just changed the months in the dates and imported back in, this time no errors. Thanks.

So the reason I didn't have the "tax amount" in the first place is because the Import and Export Assistant doesn't list this as a required field and so therefore I didn't include - but clearly it is required.

Cheers,

PtM

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post