payment terms for customers

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User JoJules
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

payment terms for customers

I have changed one of our customers pay terms from 15 days to 30 days EOM.

I closed out of everything but when I go back in, it still shows overdue in red the same as for 15 days.

Their oldest invoice is 3rd May so not due until end June.

Can you let me know what I have done wrong. I changed the custom field and also selling details to show due in number of days after EOM and 30 days.

Thanks

Jules

10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Moderator Dave-P
372 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

372Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

Re: payment terms for customers

Hi @JoJules

Welcome to MYOB Community Forum,  I hope you find it a great resource.

It sounds this is a loading issue. If refreshing the page has not worked i would suggest clearing your cache. To do this you will need to log out of your company file and close down AccountRight. Then follow the steps below

1. Open your Start Menu

2. Type: %localappdata%

3. Open the %localappdata% folder:

temp.png

4. Open the MYOB Folder.

5. Open the AccountRight Folder.

6. Open the version you are using. 

7. Open the Cache folder.

8. Delete all items in the Cache folder.

After doing this can you please log back into AccountRight and let me know if this has resolved it. 

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Dave.

I tried to reply via the email but bounced back!

I did everything you said and when I logged back on, the overdue amount is still there.

Smiley Sad

MYOB Moderator Dave-P
372 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

372Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @JoJules

Which window are you in to view this amount that wont change?

I've tested this today and updating the terms wont update the due date on a bill but it should update the card file to show if the balance is in the current or overdue sections depending on what your terms are set as. 

Can you please upload a screenshot of the customers card showing the overdue balance so we can investigate further. Blank out any private information if there is any on that screen too please. 

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Capture.PNG
MYOB Moderator Dave-P
372 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

372Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @JoJules

Thank you for uploading that so we can look into it further. Terms can be tricky because there is a few windows in the program of where to enter these details. 

Firstly, the setting for your Daily/Monthly Ageing Periods is  found in Setup>>Preferences>>Reports and Forms. 

Secondly is the Card File, where you set terms per customer and any discounts you would like to add. 

Last but not least is the Terms section in the Enter Sales window. This is found in the blue arrow next to the Customers name after you select them. Selecting the terms from here will override whatever is entered in the card file. 

The custom field where you are entering the 30 after EOM is incorrect. Where you want to enter this is in the Selling Details of the Card File, under the Customer Terms Information, right down the bottom. It will be a drop down menu where you can select options such as Days after EOM or C.O.D and several others. I've attached a help page below which outlines all 3 steps in a lot more detail. 

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
Highlighted
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi -Dave-P.

I checked each step and everything is as you have stated. The only thing I did was to take it out of the custom field but this has made no difference. Still showing overdue when their oldest invoice is dated 3rd May so not due until the end of June.

I could not find the help sheet that you said is below

Sorry to be a pain!

What to try next (or do you need to close out of Myob for changes to take effect)..

Thanks

Jules

MYOB Moderator Dave-P
372 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

372Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @JoJules

Restarting AccountRight is always worth trying to to see if refreshing fixes the issue. If you have already cleared the cache you would have already restarted so it most likely wont resolve this. My apologies for not attaching that link in the last post too,  i have attached it just below. Can you please have a look through the steps in these as they are explained in more detail. 

Credit Terms

If the steps don't help resolve it please let me know. 

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hey...

I feel like a real pain but I have double checked all the steps and we have done it all as per you help sheet.

I had my colleague double check and we agree that it is all entered properley but still showing overdue invoices in May which would not be due until the end of June.

Is there an email that I can send you some screenshots rather than on the community?

Or is there something else that I could do?

Thanks 

Jules

(I did restart Myob too)

@Dave-P wrote:

Hi @JoJules

Restarting AccountRight is always worth trying to to see if refreshing fixes the issue. If you have already cleared the cache you would have already restarted so it most likely wont resolve this. My apologies for not attaching that link in the last post too,  i have attached it just below. Can you please have a look through the steps in these as they are explained in more detail. 

Credit Terms

If the steps don't help resolve it please let me know. 

MYOB Moderator Dave-P
372 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

372Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JoJules

Sorry for the confusion with this one, it would be because we are trying to update the terms on an existing invoice. Most of what i have discussed is setting the terms going forward.

To update terms on an existing invoice you would need to go into that particular invoice and change the terms there.

To do this go to your Sales Register, Open Invoices and select the invoice in question. Once the invoice is on screen click the blue arrow to enter the terms section. From here it will display the due date of the bill and you can see the date changing as you enter figures into the Balance Due Days field. After setting the new due date click OK to save the changes. This will then update the customers balance in their card file.

Please let me know how this goes. 

Cheers,
David P
MYOB Moderator Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post