11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Carry over value being automatically entered

Hello Steven

"Should you be in a situation where the option was initially set up incorrectly and have migrated with it incorrectly"

I've been rolling over our RDO's for almost 20 years on MYOB.  Why is there an issue now??  I haven't changed anything.  After hours on the phone to MYOB they believe there is a "GLITCH", which doesnt help me.  They said they will send out an email once sorted.  So it's not as simple as you have explained.  If you have any other updates on how to fix the problem please share.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

18Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll entitlement issues

Same here @DebraPower .

There has been no issue in previous years but now it's our fault?? Really MYOB, that's not a fair call, in fact that's rude considering we pay for the service. 

I created a new payroll category for Personal Leave Accrual, with the carry over definately ticked, did a zero payrun for all employees to put the missing accrued leave back in, so it would seem I have mostly the mess the glitch made. The BUT here is that the new payroll category will now not add leave automatically despite being set up correctly and I have to remember to add the accrual to each pay. 

It might seem like a small thing but bloody hell it's annoying  

Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

On the phone to MYOB right now . .  15 minutes and counting.  Apparently a 30 minute wait at the moment.

I never received an email about the RDO entitlement rollover "Glitch".  3 weeks I have been keeping a manual count. 

Today I have tried to set up a new RDO Accural entitlement.  I enter a "Balance Adjustment" and everything looks okay.  Then I go back into the employee and the balance I have entered is there but now the "Carry Over" column puts it into negative, so the final balance is zero.

What can I do??

MYOB Moderator
38,766 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,766Posts

5,276Kudos

5,699Solutions

Hi @DebraPower 

The Carry Over value being automatically included after setting up a new entitlement category for an employee is something that is currently being looked into.

In the meantime, we do recommend doing an entitlement adjustment, process a zero dollar pay for the employee that only impacts that entitlement hours for that employee, is the current workaround. This will also ensure that the entitlement appears on the employee's payslip.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Is there any resolution to this?

I've just entered a new leave catergory for an employee and it is doing a negative in the carry over column.

Surely this shoudl have been resolved by now?

MYOB Moderator
38,766 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,766Posts

5,276Kudos

5,699Solutions

Hi @Ann08 

At this stage, we are still awaiting an in-product fix for this particular situation. In the meantime, we do recommend that clients impacted by this situation follow the advice listed in my previous post on this thread and process an adjustment pay for those leave entitlements.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven

Can I suggest that a note is added in the section about how to set up LSL to say not to use that method at present?

Cheers Ann

MYOB Moderator
38,766 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,766Posts

5,276Kudos

5,699Solutions

Hi @Ann08 

I've passed on that feedback through to our team that look after those Help Articles. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post