Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

62Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Long Service Leave

Hi all,

I have a few part-timers that hours can vary a little each week.  Both have been working for 4 & 5 years here.  In regards to LSL, I usually just keep a printout of their hours for each year and when the time comes when staff are eligible, calculate their LSL entitlement then. That is, total ord hours worked / 52 x 8.6667 / 10 = LSL hours

But with the introduction of Q-Leave Portable Long Service Leave in this particular industry, I will need to work out how much is due each quarter to pay over to Q-Leave. 

How would I calculate this if one is 5 years and the other is 4 years and no MYOB calculations have been entered as yet.  I know MYOB has the percentage option, but as hours can vary each week, would this percentage always be the 1.6667% regardless? But then I would need to work out what the entitlement is as at today?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Monica

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,716 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,716Posts

786Kudos

909Solutions

Re: Long Service Leave

Hi @monsta76 

Thanks for your post. Personally I would set your employees up to accrue long service leave in AccountRight. The Business Queensland website has a calculator to help you work out exactly what your employees have accrued to date. You can then process a $0 pay and add the hours to the long service leave entitlement category. This help article will guide you through setting up and accruing LSL: Long Service Leave

Once you've set that up you can set up portable long service leave: Portable long service leave

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post