Partner
Australia
Partner

105Posts

27Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Returned payroll

I have a payroll of 20 employees and one pay has been returned due to incorrect account details. Can you please help with the reversal and repayment process.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Partner
105 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

105Posts

27Kudos

4Solutions

Rejected pay

I have a payroll of 20 people, one of whom supplied incorrect account details.  The rejected pay has come back into the account 5 days later and I'm hopelessly lost with matching the transaction.

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,164 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,164Posts

808Kudos

207Solutions

Re: Returned payroll

HI @Wolfie2011 

The simplest way to process this, is to record the returned pay to a Payroll Clearing Account or Suspense account.

Then after correcting the employees bank details, create a spend money transaction using the employees card, and post that to the same account you recorded the returned payment to. These entries are both N-T.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Highlighted
Partner
105 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

105Posts

27Kudos

4Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Returned payroll

Thanks Ian.  I managed to talk to someone on the chat line today and its quite an effort now as we are 3 hours behind everyone.  They pointed out where I had gone wrong and stayed by my side whilst I fixed everything.  It was a great learning curve and one I'm going to remember for a long time.  (Note to self - done do something tricky when brain dead)!!!  I appreciate your reply, especially when I thought I was going to have a breakdown.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post