TIL balance on pay slip

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

TIL balance on pay slip

Hi, I am only able to see Time In Lieu balance on an employees payslip if an amount has been accrued in that pay period. How can I get it to still show the YTD balance even if there has been no extra TIL accrued in the pay period being processed?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,967 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,967Posts

5,004Kudos

5,401Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: TIL balance on pay slip

Hi @RaRMS (& @Janellec27 )

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

AccountRight 2015 will require a payroll category to be used in that payroll year to get shown on the payslip. If you haven't used a payroll category in that year it will not appear on payslip even if you have a current balance for that entitlement. If you would like a category to appear and you aren't intending to record a transaction to that entitlement in the coming pay periods I would recommend recording a dummy transaction and reversing it. By using this process it will create a record in the database saying it has been used in the payroll year but as you are reversing it the actual values are not changing.

To record a dummy transaction go to Payroll>>Process Payroll>>Select the relevant employee/s and take note of the Payment date (the pay period start and end dates are not important in this case). You would then select Next and then the arrow next to the employee's name to bring up the Pay Employee window. Within this window you would zero out all values i.e. no wages, no PAYG, no superannuation. When its been zeroed out enter in a 1 against the chosen entitlement (in your case) and select to record the transaction. You will get a warning message saying it a void transaction that is fine, its due to the net pay being zero, continue to process the Payroll transaction as per normal.

You can then go to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab>>tick "Transactions can't be changed they must be reversed". After that preference has been enabled go to Payroll>>Transaction Journal>>Search for the relevant transaction (use the payment date from the transaction). Once this has been found go to Edit>>Reverse Payroll Transaction and record the reversal.

By using the above method it will add a 1 into the entitlement and then remove that 1 (doing the reversal). This will make the entitlement appear on the payslip as it now has a history in the current payroll year and no values are being affect due to you reversing that transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post