Experienced Cover User
Australia
plumgas
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

superannuation guarantee calculation account right 19.2

I notice superannuation was being calculated on overtime for one of my superfunds. So I checked the exculsions on the particular superfund and then found overtime 1.5% overtime wasn't excluded. But once I exclude it the superfund the calculation is not coming out at 9.5% for this fund.  I had to go back and remove the exclusion from overtime before it will calculate the superannuation for this employee.

Is this another error with the 19.2 update.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
815 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

815Posts

115Kudos

111Solutions

Re: superannuation guarantee calculation account right 19.2

Hi @plumgas 

Thanks for your post.  It is up to the business owner to decide if super is calculated on overtime or not, this selection is made during the setup. Superannuation calculations run for the entire month so it will automatically adjust when there may have been a larger contribution earlier in the month.  You can check if its being properly calculated at 9.5% by going into the Employee card > Payroll Details > Pay History > Select a month to check 

I hope this clarifies.  If this resolves your inquiry please mark "Accept as Solution" so other users can find this post easier.  

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User plumgas
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
plumgas
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

thanks for your reply, but I don't think you read my post correctly. I added the exclusion to a existing super fund  as this employee does work overtime and then found there was a problem with the program that once the exclusion was setup it wasn't calculating correctly. I added a new super fund to test it and found it also caculated the new superfund incorrectly also . However after the compliance update it is now caculating correctly. 

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
815 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

815Posts

115Kudos

111Solutions

Hi @plumgas 

Apologies for not grasping it on the first go. I'm glad the compliance update has resolved this for you.  Feel free to post in the forum if you have any other inquiries. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post