Deleting disbursement journal entries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting disbursement journal entries

Hi guys,

I am extremely computer illiterate so bear with me....

I have just started a course using this myob student edition and I have made some entries that I would like to delete. They are located in Banking - spend money - journal - disbursements.

Any help on how to delete these entries is much appreciated.

TIA, Ally

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

627Kudos

1,223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Deleting disbursement journal entries

Hi @Ally18 

No worries at all! In order to delete transactions, first of all, please make sure the preference is set to allow that. You can check that by using the Setup menu from the top > Preferences > Security > the first option 'Transactions can't be changed....' is unticked. The 2nd option on the same screen allows you to set a lock period, if there is any set, then transactions in the lock period cannot be deleted. 

Once the preference checks out, you'll just need to locate the transaction you wish to delete, click on the arrow button next to that transaction to bring up the transactions details. Then right click anywhere within that transaction window > delete. 

I would suggest going through this Help article for more details, it explains the areas to look out for when deleting different types of transactions, as well as what could be the reasons that prevents a transactions from being deleted: Deleting a transaction.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post