GST Not Calculating correctly

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RenaeS
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST Not Calculating correctly

Hi

I am experiencing some difficulty with GST calculating incorrectly on some ITEM sales invoices.  The values are reported as GST Inclusive.  I have clicked on the tax information arrow on the invoice and the tax basis and taxable amount fields differ and are completely incorrect, as to is the GST.  This is not on all invoices.  Past invoices entered mostly appear correct.

I have tried deleting this invoice and re-entering - same thing happens. I have also tried entering a new invoice to a different customer and same thing occurs.

What am I missing?

I have attached a screenshot of the tax info for this invoice.  Total Invoice value of $150,750.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,070 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,070Posts

4,257Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: GST Not Calculating correctly

Hi @RenaeS

When you create an item in AccountRight in the Selling Details there is the option to calculate sale tax on. Ideally, that option should be set as Actual Selling Price, this does mean that it will use the price on the invoice to calculate the tax. In some cases, clients set it to calculate on the base selling price and thus have a different tax value than what they would expect as its using a different basis for the calculation.

I would recommend reviewing your items on that invoice and checking the Calculation Sales tax on option to ensure that it is set to be Actual Selling Price.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RenaeS
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts