MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Add job in MYOB accountants office

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User yingyingcao
33 Posts
Contributing Cover User
yingyingcao
Contributing Cover User

33Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Add job in MYOB accountants office

Hi

Is the system only allows us to add one job type only once in a year? Since BAS's needs to be done by quarterly, for example,I've added one client's Mar15 BAS in the 2015 year and finished, then if i need to add Jun 15 BAS, after i ticked "2015 year" and tick job type" Business activity statement", the system comes up with the message"the job description is already in use for this job type, you must enter a unique job description for this job type". Please advise how should i enter four "BAS" in the same year for one client?

Thanks

Yingying

add same job type in a year.png
1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Linda_K
257 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Linda_K
MYOB Moderator

257Posts

17Kudos

55Solutions

Re: Add job in MYOB accountants office

Hi @yingyingcao,

I understand that you have recently spoken to one of our Support Analyst in regards to this query.

Depending on your setup may vary in which how you can achieve this.

In your scenario and viewing the screen shot that you provided, to manage your quarterly BAS jobs you could the following:

• Change the Year drop down field to be specific to the BAS quarter.  
    For example, 2015Q1 (that is, the year and the BAS quarter).  
    Or some other similar naming convention that your practice wishes to implement.  

• The Job Type Description in your setup would be Business Activity Statements.

This warning appears when the Year description against the same Job Type Description has already been used.  For example, once you have used Year: 2015 and Job Type Description: Business Activity Statement you can not create this again.  Hence why you can customise the Year field to each BAS period.

Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Linda
Practice Solutions Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post