Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Deleting a client from 2001 with rental property schedule before deleting the rental schedule

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner anjen
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
anjen
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Deleting a client from 2001 with rental property schedule before deleting the rental schedule

I have a client from 2001 who has now died and I wantred to clear out the old MYOB AO tax returns.

The problem being that there was a rental schedule in 2001 and I deleted the client before deleting the rental property schedule. Now the client won't delete because the rental property schedule is in the "Twilight Zone".

I seem to remeber a fix outsaide the program to take care of this.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Linda_K
257 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Linda_K
MYOB Moderator

257Posts

17Kudos

55Solutions

Re: Deleting a client from 2001 with rental property schedule before deleting the rental schedule

Hi @anjen,

Thank you for your post.  We hope that you find the MYOB Community Forum a usual resource.

In MYOB AO Classic Tax, the Rental Property Schedule needs to be deleted first prior to deleting the client.  However, as you have already deleted, the rental property will need to be deleted from the FoxPro table.

We do not have written instructions on this, however if you give our Support Team a call on 1300 555 666 FKC 1, 1 & 2 they will be able to provide you with the necessary instructions to fix this issue. 

Cheers,

Linda
Practice Solutions Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Partner anjen
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
anjen
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Deleting a client from 2001 with rental property schedule before deleting the rental schedule

Thank you very much.

MYOB have been in touch and helped me through it.

My fault really, I forgot to delete the rental schedule prior to deleting the tax return in 2001.

Once you forget in 2001 (only) - you are really in trouble as it is not easy and you have to use a special utility program to remove the 2001 return. All other years are fine.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post