Highlighted
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Job Keeper payment report from reporting centre

I have processed Jobkeeper payment as per MYOB instructions to notify the ATO using the payroll reporting center/jobkeeper payment tab.  I have selected all eligible employees and hit Notify the ATO and enter my name as an authorised person and hit send.  

The report has been accepted by the ATO.  When I downloaded the report and have a check, the payroll reporting - employer pay period report.  The report state the pay period is 28 April 2020 to 28 April 2020, today. The report includes all gross payment, RESC, allowance and PAYG withholding.  It looks like a weekly payroll report.  But I did not process the payroll for the week 28 April 2020.  Not sure if ATO will treat the report as another payroll report with PAYG withholding liability.  

I expect the jobkeeper report is a confirmation of notification, not a weekly payroll report.

Does anybody know if ATO will ask you to pay extra PAYG withholding amount?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
72 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

72Posts

43Kudos

6Solutions

Re: Job Keeper payment report from reporting centre

Hi,

I have done the same as you with the same result.  This definitely looks like an additional pay run.  Hopefully, someone will be able to answer this question!

Kat

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
72 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

72Posts

43Kudos

6Solutions

Me again @6300 ,

When I check the current report against the last pay I ran, the figures haven't increased ie, the wages haven't gone up which they would have done if MYOB was recording this as an additional payrun (I think).  It seems to have just overwritten the date.   However I would LOVE confirmation that this is the case and hasn't mucked around with the way the last pay has been recorded with ATO.

Kat

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,133 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,133Posts

386Kudos

148Solutions

Hello @KatrinaF @6300 

Do not worry as the ATO gets only the YTD figures when you report.

this means if you make a correction or delete and redo pays the corrected YTD is sent.

Cheers

David

DAVID CREE
MY Business Locum MBA, LCGI, MICB
MYOB Certified Consultant
Ph: 0418 622 163 Fax: 08 8362 2163
mybl@senet.com.au
St Peters South Australia
Highlighted
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks David,

Do you mean that we need to do the payroll correction or delete the jobkeeper report to make sure the YTD figure is not overstated by the gross wages and PAYGW?

What if I do not do anything for the jobkeeper report, i.e. I do not do any corrections or delete the jobkeeper report.  Will the wages and PAYGW be overstated?

Thanks 

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I have the same issues, the report to ATO has figures in the Gross Payments, RESC & PAYG withholding columns for "this period" however I did not run a pay for this period, simply nominated my eligible employees.  My YTD figures are still correct (same as YTD for last pay).  On investigation the figures seem to be coming from my "standard pays" 

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

wonder if you can also help me please? I am in the middle of setting up the job keeper codes, and have already paid to end of April as required,$3,000 before I set this Jobkeeper up, it says in the notes don't worry do from next pay, My question is, if I do a pay tomorrow, do I show it as JOB_KEEPER_START_FN03 and will the first payment for a Director who doesnt draw a wage will they be FN01 when it comes through? Thank you
Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

After holding on to MYOB support for 1hr 40 mins! I was told not to worry and just ignore this automated report - this does not change the Year to Date amounts. Just do your next pay run as normal and the ATO only looks at the latest report and figures.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,993 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,993Posts

490Kudos

446Solutions

Hi @6300 and @StocksLawyers 

We aware that some clients are seeing a different Gross Payments amount in the Payroll Reporting Centre when the START FNxx codes are being sent to the ATO. This is due to the Payroll Reporting Centre displaying the fortnights figures from the FNxx fortnight. We have made changes to the Payroll Reporting Centre so that clients sending START/FINISH FNxx codes from now will see $0 instead of a value.

For clients who have already sent the START notification and have that value displayed in the reporting centre, this cannot be updated or changed. However, it is important to note that the correct YTD figures have been sent to the ATO. This can be verified by checking the Year to Date amounts in the EOFY verification report and by getting employees to confirm this in their myGov accounts.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,993 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,993Posts

490Kudos

446Solutions

Hi @PeterPanGlass 

We've made it easier for clients to notify the ATO of Start and Finish fortnights by adding a JobKeeper payments tab to the Payroll Reporting Centre, this means that you won't need to process a 0.01 pay. Our updated help articles explains how to do this: JobKeeper payments.

You need to use the START-FNxx code applicable to the first fortnight you paid the jobkeeper payment, for example, if you made the first payment in fortnight one you would select FN01, if you made the first payement in fornight three you would select FN03.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post