Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

55Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Weekly Pays - already paid

What an absolute nightmare this JobKeeper set up is.   I have set up and paid weekly wages as per previous instructions.

One client had three employees in the first pay run for JobKeeper.  One employee earns more than the $750 pw so her wage was just posted as normal.  The other two employees required top up amounts for the first pay run.  We did a second pay run on the same day and topped up the Gross Amount so they both received $750 Gross and the Top Up amount was set against the payroll category JobKeeper (ex Super)which was linked to Liability Account as instructed.

Can someone please tell me how to sort this out and what happens to the transactions sitting in the JobKeeper Liability account we were instructed to set.

How do you get employees Annual Leave and Personnel Leave to accrue correclty for the actual hours they have worked when they you to set the JOBKEEPER-START & JOBKEEPER TOPUP categories as Salary?

Do we reverse the earlier payruns and redo the payruns so they are correctly reported on STP to the ATO?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Weekly Pays - already paid

I have also paid my employees that were stood down as per MYOB instructions with a liability account now MYOB have changed their instructions I have contacted live support who's advice is look at the forum as they don't know ...... and been on hold via phone for more than 3 hours ! I still have employees that are owed a top up for 30th March to 5th April week and I have to do our next payroll run next Monday for 165 employees ... Not happy 

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,936 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,936Posts

1,691Kudos

233Solutions

Hi @JackieW 

I think I helped you on a previous post, however as you said the Support Notes have since changed.   Its such a new concept I guess things are changing by the day and MYOB have to update according to released legislation.

I had the same issue with a few payruns I have done.   I reversed the payruns, printed and followed the updated support note and re-generated the payruns.   I found page 9 helpful to work through each scenario as well. 

If  you reverse your previous payruns it will remove them from the Liability account as well.   

I then checked the EOFY finalisation reports under the payroll reporting centre to make sure everything looks OK.  

In terms of the leave accruals you can still put the hours in the BASE hourly category in the payruns so leave still accures correctly. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
https://twopeas.com.au/covid-19-resources/
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,936 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,936Posts

1,691Kudos

233Solutions

Hi @GregAlex 

If it is only the liability account movements that is your issue I would recommend creating the new income account as per the support note and then journal out the amount from the liability account to the income account. 

Make sure you follow the instructions on the support notes in regards to the JOBKEEPER-START-FNxx categories so you opt in the JobSeekers.

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
55 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

55Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Renae, I had been considering reversing the completed pay runs and I will now do that, thank you.
I now realise that it doesn't matter that two of my clients pay weekly as in both their cases the new Payroll Category will be called JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 (as the FN01 relates to anyone who started paying the JobKeeper Allowance from 30/03) and when I re-enter the reversed wages as per instructions the STP will automatically  send the correct information showing $750 per week which of course equals the $1500 per fortnight.

Did you create the optional expense account to override Wages & Salaries?

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,936 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,936Posts

1,691Kudos

233Solutions

Hi @JackieW 

Yes I think reversing is the best option then will be confident it is correct.   I didn't create the extra expense category I have just left it being coded to Wages and Salaries as I figure you can pull detailed reports if you need the breakdown.   

Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post