Partner Zone

Payroll Deduction from Employees Final Pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TimberMax
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Deduction from Employees Final Pay

Hi,

Im entering a final pay for an employee who has resigned during the Covid-19 lockdown.

We paid this employee for a fortnight which included the Government Subsidy, we were then informed that they began working for another employee during this time and that we would have to return the subsidy given for them and that they would be resigning from the first full week of lockdown.

At this stage I have not deleted the original pay, instead I was going to attempt running another pay for them with the same dates, calculating the final holiday pay and entering a deduction to reverse the subsidy.

The deduction does not look like it is loading properly, it is calculating a payment of superannuation & ESCT on the deduction instead of a credit? And the net pay doesn't seem to be able to calculate if it deducts direct from final holiday pay (errors net pay with INVALID)?

Please help, I'd like to get this employees final pay calculated as soon as possible for them? Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,727 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,727Posts

1,179Kudos

340Solutions

Re: Payroll Deduction from Employees Final Pay

Hi @TimberMax 

Which payroll programme are you using?

If you are using Essentials - you will need to delete the pay you processed and re-process it correctly as a final pay - you will also need to edit the information at the IRD.

if you are using MYOB Payroll, you can process a reversal of exactly what was processed, finalise that, then re-process how it needs to be - again you would need to edit the information at the IRD - as you can't lodge a negative EI return.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post