MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Non-zero value in inventory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Debp
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Debp
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Non-zero value in inventory

I am doing my inventory value reconcilliation for 30th June and had noticed that there are a few items with zero value against them.   I went in to a stock adjustment that I did on the 5.6 to update as current value for these items and some are now showing correct amounts while another is showing a less  amount as there was a sale in july so its deducted this off even though the stock adjustment occured in June and the Reconcilliation report is for June but when I go to print it shows minus the t.  How do  I fix this? 

ie the stock at 30th June was 20 units at $30.00 each total should show on Reconcilliation Report as $600  but because there was a sale in July it is show value of $540 why is this the case?

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,587 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2587Posts

1984Kudos

376Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Non-zero value in inventory

Hi @Debp

Not sure if this answers part of your question or not, however when calculating COGS for a Sale MYOB uses the value of the item divided by the on hand count at the time the transaction is processed. 

So if you process a Sale transaction on 6 July and the Sale is dated 6 July, MYOB uses the information it has to calculate COGS. If you then  (say on 7 July) enter an inventory adjustment dated 30 June, this has no affect on the 6 July COGS calculation, this amount is not recalculated due to the inventory adjustment. FYI COGS on a Sale reduces the count and value of the Item. 

This is why Item Register values don't always make sense until you understand the order the transactions were entered. 

In your last para "but because there was a sale in July it is show value of $540 why is this the case?" If 2 items were sold in July, then you would expect count to drop to 18 and value to $540. If this does not make sense, please provide more info, for example where are you seeing the $540, and what date are you using, etc.

Regards

Gavin

Debp
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Debp
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Non-zero value in inventory

Hi Gavin,

Thanks that does answer my question, I will have to be more mindful of this in the future.  

Kind Regards

Debra

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post