Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Cannot finalise EOFY report due to one employee having incorrect gross wages

Hi,

Actually the last two payments to employee are the showing the imbalance which $13781.49. The 2nd of these is a termination payment. The owner of business did the termination payment and I did notice that the payroll catagory should be Lump Sum A and not Gross Wages. I don't know what the issue is with first payment as that was a combination of annual leave and work hours. Both reports where sent to ATO and were accepted. Can I do a $0 payment that shows correct payroll catagory and dates that are before the termination date? Also the employee's group certificate that was sent to their MyGov account was also incorrect and did not have their last two pays on it. Myob waiting time is over an hour and ATO says contact Employer. This is holding all finalisation up and I cannot find and answer to this.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,284 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,284Posts

248Kudos

357Solutions

Re: Cannot finalise EOFY report due to one employee having incorrect gross wages

Hi @Anne-Marie12 

If the issue is still unresolved, for the terminated employee, remove the termination dates from the Payroll Reporting center and the card file, check if the categories are correct in the payrun, do a $0 payrun dated 30/06/2020. Wait for this report to be accepted and check if the year to date figures are correct. If everything is fine, enter the termination dates again.

For the second employee, please ensure that annual leave and any other payroll category entered are assigned to correct ATO reporting category. If any of these categories is assigned to Gross wages, please ensure that it is not exempt from PAYG as that would cause the discrepancy in figures. This is also explained in Leave loading missing from STP?

Please let me know if you have additional questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cannot finalise EOFY report due to one employee having incorrect gross wages

Yes there are further questions Komal,  Please see a message below from another user.

I also have a PROBLEM hwich I posted about but have had no response AND I have been sitting on hold on the Support Line for over 4 hours over last two days.

I have an employee who appear twice in by EOFY Finalisation report; once with her correct Gross Pay and Tax Deducted and the second 'ghost' one with a random Gross Pay amount that doesn't agree with any of her pays and no tax.   I vcan 'fix this by putting through a pay adjustment on her correct pay. BUT finalisation is rejected by the ATO as the ghost employee address details are incorrect.  How can I fix something that I can't get access to?

This employee only has one card in the system with the correct State details.  There is no other card for her under Suppliers or Customers or anywhere else.  Any idea how to correct this??

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post