Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to get ETP figures to adjust on ATO EOFY Verification Report

Hi

Desparately need some direction here. I have been trying to get the ATO verification report to balance to MYOB. The Payroll Register, Activity & Payroll Summaries all balance in MYOB. 

Initially, there were two problems to correct on one ETP payment dating back to February of this year. One involved the 'Payment in Lieu of Notice' being processed with the ETP under the category 'ETP Tax Free'. I corrected this in MYOB and then found that the tax code for 'ETP Tax Withheld' was not ticked to exclude 'PAYG Withheld' or 'ETP Tax withheld'. I ticked 'ETP Tax Withheld' to be exempt so that only 'PAYG Withheld' calculated and then ran a $0 pay run and reported it to ATO. 

The Verification report then showed the separate Payment in Lieu of Notice, but the ETP - Tax Free Component is now showing a figure that calculates back to 2 x ETP - Tax Free + ETP - Taxable Component (Payment in Lieu of Notice).

I have tried reversing the entire payment and re-issuing as at the February date and then followed up with another $0 pay run. The PAYG Withholding, Superannuation, Allowances, and Unused Annual Leave are all correct. It is just the calculation for the ETP Tax Free Component that appears incorrect.

Any suggestions before I have a complete meltdown?

TIA.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Partner
16 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to get ETP figures to adjust on ATO EOFY Verification Report

Yes having the same issue, it doubled it trying to fix it, then reversed it and it's now correct in STP but it has reduced the wages and PAYG in the Payroll Activity.

Has to be a bug in the system.. just don't know how to fix it in their pay that won't affect STP - Don't declare it??

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

I rang MYOB support this morning to try and get on top of this issue. The support assistant had me delete the ATO ETP payment reports in the Reporting Centre and report the deletion of the transactions to ATO. She then got me to generate a new ETP transaction for the employee and report it to the ATO as at 30/05/20. End result is that I have a correct 'Payment in Lieu of Notice' category, but nothing showing in the 'ETP - Tax Fee Component' category. The support assistant then got me to untick PAYG Withholding in the Exempt list for ETP - Tax Free as she claimed if PAYG Withholding was ticked as exempt, then nothing would be reported to ATO. 

This is questionable to me as the second of the two employees I processed ETP's for has both categories showing even though PAYG Withholding was ticked as Exempt, and the ETP - Tax Free Component shows for BOTH employees in the ATO Reporting - Termination Payments window, but it does not show on the ATO's Summary of Payments or the Verification Report for the 1st employee, only the second. When I ran a zero $ payment for the employee with the PAYG Withholding unticked as Exempt, it changed nothing.

The MYOB assistant told me that the ETP - Tax Free Component was not essential for the ATO so if it did not show it was of no consequence. However, since one employee does show, I want both to show.

Also on another note, be aware that if you have not already processed your IAS for April or May, then reversing earlier payrolls from previous quarters and re-processing them at a later date will impact on your Payroll Activity report with the Taxes including the PAYG that was withheld (and probably paid) at the earlier date, showing in current periods.

I have attached snips of the reports, including the MYOB Payroll Summary which is correct.

Would appreciate any directions on where to go from here.

Thanks

MYOB Payroll Summary FY19-20.png
Employee 2 ETP Payments.png
ATO Verification Report.png
Employment Termination Details.png
Employee's Payroll Report.png
Highlighted
Partner
16 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

16Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I see your's doubled too, so I reversed it in MYOB and now STP is correct, but MYOB has nothing, so thinking that I do it in MYOB but don't declare it to STP, as that will work, BUT will it be an issue?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

I have reversed and re-done the ETP multiple times as well as processed $0 payments to try and correct the ETP figures. Everything balances now except the one employees tax free ETP component.

With your issue, which I did have and fixed, where the figure has doubled, go into the termination screen in the reporting centre and select the 19/20 FY.  Click on the 3 dots to the right of the terminated employee/s and open the ETP payments. If it shows two or more ETP payments, select the ones you dont want and delete them and report it to ATO.

Check the Payment Summary for that employee and see if it balances.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

I have managed to get my ATO Verification report to balance with MYOB, but only with help from an outside of MYOB source.

I would like to say thank you to the moderators and MYOB staff that have obviously been inundated on the forum with many clients experiencing difficulties. I don't envy the stress factor you guys must have been under, but you have tried very hard to help people.

With regards to MYOB itself, I am really disappointed in the lack of formal notification from MYOB to clients about the issues it has obviously had with the latest version. Not one word other than through the moderators on this forum. Not good enough MYOB! I have used your product since 1996 and I have never seen such a complete breakdown in support or infomation as I have with this EOFY debarcle.

I hope that going forward, MYOB will take a step back and re-adopt their care for their clients and learn to communicate when there are issues, not just leave it to clients and a few forum moderators, partners, experienced users, to try and sort the problems out.

Over and out. Roll on 2021!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,452 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,452Posts

547Kudos

520Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @BenchCBS 

I'm glad to hear that you were able to reconcile payroll. From all the moderators and MYOB staff thank you for your kind words, we hope we have been able to make the EOFY a little easier for users. We appreciate your support feedback and I have passed it on to the relevant teams. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post