Partner Zone

Running Jul-Sept reporting but I can only see 2020 not 2021

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ClaireLam
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Running Jul-Sept reporting but I can only see 2020 not 2021

I am trying to run quarterly reporting for the recent quarter but when I run the Balance Sheet I can only see Sept 2020, not 2021.

I haven't closed out the year/rolled over as the accountant hasn't finished yet.  This seems to happen every year we have this issue. 

Does anyone know a work-around?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
9,882 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

9,882Posts

1,172Kudos

1,496Solutions

Re: Running Jul-Sept reporting but I can only see 2020 not 2021

Hi @ClaireLam 

Thanks for your post. The July - Sept 2021 quarter falls into the 2022 financial year. When running the Balance Sheet the Financial Year options are determined by the current financial year of your file. In order to run the balance Sheet for this year, 2022, you need the Financial Year options to be This Year (FY 2021) and Next Year (FY 2022):

bs.PNG

You need to have closed the 2020 financial year, but the 2021 year can still be open, to get these options. You can check the financial year of your file by going to Setup>>Company Information>>Current Financial Year.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ClaireLam
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey.

I checked my financial year settings and they appear as yours in the picture supplied i.e. This Year (FY 2021) and Next Year (FY 2022).

The report I am trying to run is Balance Sheet [Last Year Analysis] and when I run it selecting the month September (i.e. 30 Sept 2021) it shows up with September 2020.  When I run the first Balance Sheet report, you can choose the year, but in the Last Year Analysis report, you cannot.

Is there a workaround?  I don't really understand why this happens every year.  It rectifies when I rollover the accounts after the accountant has finished but with that not being actually due to next year by the ATO I don't know why the software makes it difficult to achieve a simple report?

Thanks for your help - appreciate it.

Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,473Posts

1,617Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @ClaireLam 

Just to be clear, as not all reports within AccountRight work in exactly the same way

The regular balance sheet report is designed to report on what the file views as “last year”, “this year” and “next year” based off the current financial year. So for example a financial year of 2021 means you can report on figures in the 2020, 2021 and 2022 financial years

In contrast the Balance sheet [last year analysis] is hard locked to only report on what the file views as “This year”.  So if the file is set to a financial year of 2021, whichever month you select will be in that financial year.  

If you were wanting to use the Balance sheet [last year analysis] report to report on a specific month, such as September 2021, you need to ensure that this month falls in the current financial year. In this example that would mean rolling the file into the 2022 financial year.

Currently there is no workaround to get the Balance sheet [last year analysis] to report on periods in the next financial year – outside of closing the current financial year. If your accountant hasn’t finished their work for the end of the financial year, we don’t recommend closing the financial year.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post