closing financial year and changing last month of financial year

blanchemaree
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

closing financial year and changing last month of financial year

Hi I am trying to close the current financial period which was 13 months for some reason someone stuffed up and set it up like this. I need the financial year to be from october and finish in september. The current closing month is July and when I try and close the current finacial year and change the month last month in financial year to September it shows as 1/10/20-30/09/21 when it should be 1/10/21-30/9/22 soon as I select the months before July it shows the year 2022 I dont understand why....also I have entered transactions from last October to december will I lose all this data or will it transfer over as well?

Look forward to someones reply.

1 REPLY 1
gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,827 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,827Posts

1,409Kudos

515Solutions

Re: closing financial year and changing last month of financial year

Hi @blanchemaree 

Firstly any transaction you enter won't be lost. MYOB will use the transaction date to allocate it to a FY.

Secondly, make a backup before going any further (as a precaution as MYOB's behaviour is not always predictable).

Next, if your current FY is ended June 2021, moving to the FY 2022 ended in Sep 22 is a 2 step process. First your year need to change to a FY ended Sep 2021, (make another backup) then you change the FY to end Sep 2022. Each FY can have a max of 12 months, you can't have a FY with 15 months. This is why you can't go from FY ended 30 June 2021 to FY ended 30 Sep 2022.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post