Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Account Edge and the future for Mac users

Hi

I recently purchased Account Edge for $2300 (Sep19) and also a new macbook laptop as my old version of myob didn't offer Single Touch Payroll and the new Account Edge program wasn't compatible with my old laptop either. So lets just say approx $6,000 has been spent just to get up and running again with MYOB due to STP...

So now with the whole Catalina issue, am I right in thinking that I'll never by able to update the operating system on my new laptop without rendering my new MYOB Account Edge software useless?

If that is the case, what are my alternatives? Is using the cloud based subscription service the only alternative if I wish to keep my operating system current? If this is the case, is MYOB offering any complimentary subscription period? Or is MYOB offering any refunds for customers whom they've sold a product to that has become virtually obsolete so quicky?

Is there any word yet on how long MYOB will continue to offer support for Mac users in the future and will the tax tables still be able to be updated?

Most importantly, has anyone been offered any reimbursement from MYOB since this has been announced?

Thanks Brooke 

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,636 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,636Posts

174Kudos

251Solutions

Re: Account Edge and the future for Mac users

Hi @BROOK79 

I do apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Please note that as long as you stay on Mojave, AccountEdge will continue to operate as normal and all functionality will remain same for the forseeable future.

But if you have to upgrade to Catalina, do send us a private message with your product serial number and best contact number and we would be happy to arrange for one of our team members to reach out in order to discuss the product and refund options available for you.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

The concerns @BROOK79  expressed will be common in the Mac community as while it is easy for MYOB to ask that we don't upgrade to the latest operating system all the other applications we are running will be asking we upgrade.

I am looking to run a virual machine with Windows 10 so that I can swap MYOB to a Windows version as the online accounting software MYOB offer is so limited in regards to its ability to import and export data that it would not suit our business. 

My question is how MYOB are planning to compensate loyal customers needing to either purchase Windows as I will need to do or spend significant time moving to other applications?

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

NOT GOOD ENOUGH MYOB. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.  To ask me not to upgrade my Operating system is a pathetic excuse. You need to step up and fix this issue.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,462 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,462Posts

4,939Kudos

5,330Solutions

Hi @Nothappymyob33 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this topic.

As has been indicated, AccountEdge will not be Catalina compliant. However, AccountEdge will continue to work as intended with Mojave for the foreseeable future. If you are needing to upgrade to Catalina we do recommend speaking with our phone-based team to discuss the best option that MYOB can offer you going forward.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB have handled this extremely badly with no consideration for customers like you that have invested heavily in their accounting software only to be totally abandonded.

Users were kept on a string saying that they were working on a CatalinaOS upgrade, only to be told at the last minute that it's not going to happen but they would continue to support MojaveOS for the 'forseeable future'.

Based on previous history, who knows how long that would be.

Our entire office is in the Mac universe and I am not going back to having multiple operation systems and hardware as we had to many years ago in the early days of Apple Mac just to satisfy MYOB.

MYOB's  yearly subscription has been nothing but legalised theft and I have paid it for years and have really not got much for my money.

Cut your losses, move over to a Cloud based system that is locally supported such as Xero or Intuit QuickBooks and forget any future upgrade prospects from MYOB as they a tying you to an old operating system or have you move over to Windows based computers and expect you to carry all the costs; particularly if you rely on the netwok features of Account Edge, Network Edition.

MYOB are a disgrace to accounting IT, basic business ethics and principles.

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Simple, MYOB wont offer any compensation. They will leave you like a wet shag on a rock. If they were going to anything, there would have been some hint of it before now.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
98 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

98Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

@MartyW 

I agree, we're left out in the cold after many years of loyalty. I'm finding the lack of information and conflicting confusing and infuriating!

Good luck with your move to the new software. All the best.

S

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I am a long term mac user and we just use Myob Essentials online now. It works flawlessly on mac. Yes you need to be online but its not a big issue in today's world. We are only a small business and millions of other users use it that way also everyday. I think it is easier if you all just accept that a seperate mac program is not viable anymore in todays business world for a couple of reasons and its time to move from it. To be fair to MYOB, Apple have not helped and one of the main reasons is by making it impossible to use the old Account Edge on a mac with Catalina OS. With the release of Catalina OS it has made all 32 bit applications which Edge is redundant, its not just MYOB dealing with this as thousands of app developers are in the same boat as now only 64 bit applications will work on mac with Catalina OS. Having a seperate MYOB program for mac and having to rebuild it to be 64 bit is just not viable in todays word of online cloud accounting which dominating the market. I know that MYOB are trying to work on solutions for its current customers but blame Apple not them. Even then Apple is just trying to update their OS to a higher security level in todays ever moving fast world of computer tech. Sometimes good things dont last forever, its just life. 

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Tassie3, I agree with what you say however the problem I have and many others will have is key functions whether reporting or import/exports functions are not available on the cloud application and hence it is a step backwards.  I would be very happy to move to the cloud, but it needs to offer the same or better functionality then the existing product.

I have been forced to test Xero so I am not against moving to the cloud (so far with better results) but I need to find an alterative but that actually offers the same functionality I currently have.

Also on a side note if I had been MYOB I would have developed an application to assist people to automate the migration from Mac to Windows or at the very least step by step instructions on the process.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post