Partner Zone
Partner Zone

General Comments & improvements

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner Mick_Saas
1 Post
Partner
Mick_Saas
Partner

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

General Comments & improvements

Good start MYOB, MyAdvisor is a step in the right direction..

What I would like to see is reports that make the data more relative.  For e.g., it is well & good to compare sales revenue to last FY but to the client theses are just numbers on a page...  Comparing results to the prior year is a default report for accountants which makes us feel as though we are assisting clients.. however, from a client's perspective, I believe the comparison is of little value.

I'm focusing on developing meaningful budgets with my clients & would like to see reports that illustrate the variances from the set KPI's.  The client participates in setting the KPI's which adds 'meaning' to the reports.

I may have missed in option... but I couldn't see an option to compare to budget?

I would like to see reporting around the Gross Profit Margin with budgets for key inputs such as materials, contractors & direct wages & super.  This would enable clients to see why they didn't achieve their desired GP .. e.g. materials where higher than budgeted..  Also basic sensativiy analysis.. e.g. 1% increase to Sales would generate $X Gross Profit.

The Cash Flow Summary is very good..

Working Capital snapshot report would be good with simple Cash on Hand, Debtors, Creditors, Credit Cards & ATO Debts displayed...   Cashflow pressure is a concern for the majoroity my clients and a simple report to display their current position would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
Contributing Cover User AnnaMcC
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
AnnaMcC
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Re: General Comments & improvements

During a demo of MYOB Advisor the accountants/partners asked if there was budget and variance comparison reporting available as this is a valuable conversation that they like having with their clients, this practice is currently using a competitors General Ledger system and spotlight reporting to acheive this reporting for clients

Contributing Cover User AnnaMcC
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
AnnaMcC
Contributing Cover User

11Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Re: General Comments & improvements

The Cashflow report in Essentials released Nov 2018 seems to address this request. Thanks MYOB team.
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post