Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Cannot add another email address to my email

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
ABOceanic
4 Posts
User
New Zealand
ABOceanic

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cannot add another email address to my email

Hi,

I am trying to add the email address created with myob but it cannot be added in gmail when i am trying it says that the user name or passward is not authencated. Below is the message i get

Authentication failed. Please check your username/password.
[Server response: DNS Error: 198381817 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of smtp.aboceanic.co.nz responded with code NXDOMAIN 198381817 DNS type 'a' lookup of smtp.aboceanic.co.nz responded with code NXDOMAIN code(0) ]

I tried with the TLS, SSL & unsecured non of it works. Could i know what usually the user name is ? & what is the passworde is the the myob password i use to login myob to edit my website?

Please help me.

5 REPLIES 5
ABOceanic
4 Posts
User
New Zealand
ABOceanic

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cannot add another email address to my email

It is asking a password, i am trying in gmail & failed.

Please help

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7075Posts

496Kudos

1122Solutions

Hi @ABOceanic,

I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I'm afraid the business email address you create in Atlas is for email forwarding purpose only, it is not a full email address that you can add send emails from, or add to your email program such as Outlook. 

I would suggest taking a look of the detailed explanation provided by Liam_M in this thread: Email forwarding is not working from my Atlas website Outlook require a password, hope it helps.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to post again. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ABOceanic
4 Posts
User
New Zealand
ABOceanic

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

It is not useful, I am using Gmail and I tried using the 'From': field but it doesn't pop on it is only activated when we activate "Send mail from a different address or alias" in Gmail feature which requires a SMTP, a user name & a password to activate. I am able to receive the emails sent to  myemail@mydomain.co.nz but I am unable to send with the same email. This will not look professional at all to my clients as I am receiving the email but then sending emails from my Gmail account.

Can you please provide me an alternative to this, i need a solution for this ASAP.

Thanking you,
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7075Posts

496Kudos

1122Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @ABOceanic,

As Liam explained in the post I've provided, Atlas provides email forwarding service, the business email address you can create serves the sole purpose of forwarding incoming emails to your nominated email address. This business email address is not a full email address that can be used as a 'From' email address, it doesn't have an user name or a password. 

As Liam mentioned, you can try using 'From' > 'Other email address' within Outlook to enter your MYOB Atlas email forwarding address. If this is not allowed by your email provider, there's another option you can look into, if you have a Google Apps for Business account. With that you can log in to your Atlas website > Site settings > Email addresses > 'Switch to Goolge Apps' > User Google Apps for business for email with this domain name. Once complete you shall be able to use Google Apps for Business account to send emails which appears to be from the business address.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ABOceanic
4 Posts
User
New Zealand
ABOceanic

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I got an outlook email & was able to get the new email up and running. Thank you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post