Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Bills not appearing to match in Bank Transactions

I have 10 open bills with one supplier, there is one transaction in Banking to be split between 9 of the open bills. When attempting to match/allocate the amount in banking to the open bills only 8 appear.  I have attempted to delete the 2 bills that are not appearing and re-entering them, they still do not appear.

Now noticed that the Bill numbers have duplicated Current bill number 524, bill numbers of purchases entered lately have started again at 99.  99 to 129 have duplicated (128 & 129 are test entries created when trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Have changed the bill number of the 2 missing to the next numbers in sequence, they are still not appearing in bank transactions.  All other duplicate entries are not affected they have been matched to transactions banking. Prior to today)

Created another 2 test transactions with the correct next bill numbers 526 & 527, these now show up in transactions to be matched in banking.

I have experienced a similar issue previous on several occasions where invoice numbers duplicate.  The invoice and bill numbers should be unique numbers and the system should not allow duplication – Duplication looks dodgy if the ATO does an audit.  In the previous version of Essentials, a warning message would occur if you tried to manually enter a duplicate invoice/bill/quote number.  I have not manually entered these numbers the system has just decided to re-start the count from 99.  Now I have overridden this, so the next entered bill is the current number however I still have 27 duplicates. 

If I go and manually modify the duplicates so every bill has a unique number is there a maintenance procedure you can run on the database to make sure everything is in order? (defrag/reorder or something, I don’t know the terms its over 20 years since I worked on system database in DOS and it was called a Copy Stru append then)

4 REPLIES 4
Penash
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bills not appearing to match in Bank Transactions

Update: with one of new transactions that was showing in banking>match transactions - I updated it with the correct bill date 10/9/2021, it dissapeared again. If I change the date back to today it re-appears.  Have had to override the system again, left the date as today 15/11/22, matched the transction in banking then whent back into the bill and put in the correct issue date of 10/9/2021.

There is something seriously wrong here!  There are a number of other posts from users that look to be similar issues.

SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
1,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,449Posts

56Kudos

180Solutions

Hi @Penash 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. At this stage, Essentials doesn't have the ability to warn for duplicate bill or purchase numbers. 

I have passed your comments to the team for consideration for future updates, but in the interim, you could run the Purchase Register report - sorting by PO or Invoice Number to help identify if there have been any accidental double invoice numbers.

Hope that helps. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Penash
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara

Thanks for your reply but the invoice/quotes/PO not having unique number is a major issue, before the "upgrade" the numbers were unique and there was no way of duplicating these.  This has been an issue now for over 18 months, I have logged it and many times, and it has been escalated just as many times. Not only is it an issue where a business can look dodgy to the ATO with multiple invoices with same number it makes it difficult for our customers as well.  These numbers should be always unique, this should be BASIC functionality of this system.

SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
1,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,449Posts

56Kudos

180Solutions

Hi @Penash 

As previously advised we have passed this feedback on to the relevant team for consideration in a future update.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused in the interim.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post