Partner Zone

Accounting for merchant fees

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nikp
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Accounting for merchant fees

Hey all,

Probably a silly question that has been answered before, however, I couldn't find the answers browsing through the helpful posts of the myob community.

We are a gardening company and we charge by the hour. We provide services through a third party agent. The third party agent charges a merchant fee of 2% of the total that we have invoiced. One remittance sheet might include multiple clients and the 2% is deducted of the total of the invoices as opposed from the individual clients' charge.

[Our charge] $1,000 - [merchant fee of 2%] $20 = $980

Is there a smart/fast way to go about acounting for that $20? Also, does it mean I would have to calculate 2% for each individual client as I am doing remittance? The only feature I have seen so far is the discount that appears on the Payment screen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nik

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
9,085 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

9,085Posts

779Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Accounting for merchant fees

Hi @nikp 

I'd suggest checking out this Help article that explains the correct steps to account for merchant fees for a similar set up: Recording payments made through Paypal. It would still be best to check with your accountant for the best way of recording for your business set up. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post