Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Terms on invoice and more

Come on MYOB,  get your act together.   I am Paying you for a product,  you are not paying me to test your product! A couple more of your failures to add to the list.

If I do an invoice,  rather than the default staying at 30 days from EOM  it defaults back to 14 days!  I need to change it everytime!

I have different quote and invoice numbers.  If an invoice is done the next quote will revert back to my invoice numbers.  And vise versa If a quote is done my invoices jump up to the quote numbers!   They are separate!  not the same.   Quote....Invoice.  Is there anything that works since your downgrade?

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
9,480 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

9,480Posts

1,134Kudos

1,411Solutions

Re: Terms on invoice and more

Hi @Trish7 

I've had a script run over the file with the serial number ending in 3774 which should resolve the issue with your invoice term dates.

The newer Essentials platform uses the same auto numbering sequence for both quotes and invoices. If you manually change the number on a quote or invoice it will reset the number sequence for both transaction types.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trish7
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey_H

Hopefully the date problem will be fixed.   

As for the quotes and invoices it is not workable for us to have the same invoice and quote number.  We do a lot more quotes than invoices.  With the last platform I was able to keep them separate so I would expect to be able to do the same now.

Trish7
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Ok so let me get this right.  If I do an invoice #500 then the next quotes will be #501 and #502 and the next invoice will be #503?  How is that effective?

On top of that I can't create an invoice from the quote because I can't change the customer once a quote is sent.  

We do work for large companys that have a separate accounting department.

Do you have a solution for me?

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
9,480 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

9,480Posts

1,134Kudos

1,411Solutions

Hi @Trish7 

For customers with separate accounting departments you would generally add that information under Billing address in the contact card and email the invoice to the accounting department. 

As explained, at this stage quotes and invoices use the same auto numbering sequence. If you would like to see this changed please feel free to post your suggestion on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trish7
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your reply,

I understand what you are saying but that is yet anothr problem I have with MYOB at the moment.   If I put the details in the  billing area of contacts then all quotes and invoices go to that address.  I only want invoicves to go to the billing address.  So no, that is not a solution.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post