Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials update Bill creation from intray source

So here goes with the next lot of issues I have now discovered since the upgrade

- When you create bill and then select prefil from a source document, you cant add anything onto the first line as it just doesnt work. You have to delete that line and start from the next line.

- Why does it always defult 'Services' and not 'Services and items' Please change this as its frustrating.

- Bill Number. This used to always increase by 1 for every new bill you create but now it doesn't and seems a bit random or just gives you the same number each time. This needs toi be fixed ASAP.

Creating new contact. Why cant you make a contact both a customer and supplier like you used to be able to. Also if you create one, you cant modify this field if you make a mistake. You have to delete it and start again. Why was this changed. 

Created a new Bill. Now you have to save and then you can take a payment. Why did you add a step in here when you used to be able to save and take payment. This seems to be a common thread with the new upgrade. So many extra steps have been added which just adds time for us. Surely this means there will be a price reduction to make up for the extra time we need to spend using MYOB now, haha. 

Reports, again you have added another step. There used to be access to the common report from the drop down menu. These have been moved and you need to select reports or favorites to access them. Just another example adding steps and time.

Create Supplier Return. Where has this gone and how do you do this now. The whole reason we chose MYOB Essentails was because it just had what was essential and nothiing more. Please give a detailed explaination on how we create a supplier return as the detail in the screen does not make sense to users who are not accountants. It was so easy before. I need to record the supplier return (Adjustment note) against a current invoice as that is how my business runs and I dont know how to do that now.

Thats I have found this week, but I am sure there will be more.

Overall, this upgrade has added very little new features that I may use and many I suspect I will never use. The new upgrade has over complicated things and made it very hard to use. I have a little understanding of accounting and I am struggling so I can only imagine those who have zero knowledge are coping. 

9 REPLIES 9
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
11,424 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,424Posts

1,350Kudos

1,710Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials update Bill creation from intray source

Hi @Kieren 

Thanks for your post.

You can change the default layout for invoices and bills by clicking on your business name>>Sales/Purchases settings>>Layout tab>>select Services and items>>Save.

The Bill no on purchases uses an auto-numbering sequence and should increase by one each time you create a new bill. Occasionally, the invoice number autonumber sequence can get pulled out of sequence, especially if transactions are deleted or transactions are recorded out of order. Manually changing the Bill no will also cause that sequence to reset. Try entering a number in a future sequence to reset the numbering.

The ability to combine customer and supplier cards together has been logged as an enhancement request for a future update.

When creating a paid bill enter the payment amount in the Amount paid field. This will automatically record the payment transaction. Alternatively or if a bill is paid later, enter the create bill transaction then in Bank transactions match the bank feed with the bill transaction, the payment transaction will be automatically recorded.

Supplier returns are created by in Create bill by recording a negative transaction. When creating the negative bill enter the No of units as a negative value, the Unit price should be a positive. You can then process the supplier return in Supplier returns: Supplier returns, debits and refunds

I've passed your feedback regarding the Reports menu onto the relevant team.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Kieren
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

'You can change the default layout for invoices and bills by clicking on your business name>>Sales/Purchases settings>>Layout tab>>select Services and items>>Save.'

Nope. I have gone into this and there is only one option available and that is "Services and Items". Anyway I saved the settings again and tried to create a bill and  prefill from a document and it hasnt changed. I have to select the display via the little setting wheel on the right of the columns. The first line populates the value but nothing else and you cant use that line so you have to delete it and enter all the items in manually. 

I see the field for the amount paid, I will try this next time.

'The ability to combine customer and supplier cards together has been logged as an enhancement request for a future update.'

So this is now been flagged as an update when what you did was take away the ability that already existed. Oh ok then.

'Supplier returns are created by in Create bill by recording a negative transaction. When creating the negative bill enter the No of units as a negative value, the Unit price should be a positive. You can then process the supplier return in Supplier returns: Supplier returns, debits and refunds'

How to over complicate something that worked perfectly fine before. this obviously makes more sense to accountants and book keepers, but not to the people who signed up to this product many years ago because it was marketed as a simple to use product.

I have since learnt that if you cancel your subscription that all your data will be wiped in 60 days. How does this work if you get audited. Are we expected to continue to pay for another 7 years for just in case. You should provide a $5 per month option for a view only option when people have either switched to another product or wrapped up their business or retired.   

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
11,424 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,424Posts

1,350Kudos

1,710Solutions

Hi @Kieren 

In Purchases settings>>Layout tab you should see the following, if you don't can you please send me a screenshot:

layout.PNG

Can you also send me a screenshot of your issues with creating bills by prefilling from a document so that I can look into this.

In the original version of Essentials to create a supplier return you had to go to Create supplier return>>enter the supplier return details, save the return. Then go to Process supplier returns and record a refund or apply to  an open bill. The only change in that process in the newer Essentials platform is that the return is created in the Create bill window by recording a negative transaction.

The cancellation process was the same in the original Essentials platform. Prior to cancelling a subscription we do recommend downloading copies on In tray documents, exporting data and/or reports.

Please do send me those screenshots so that I can assist further.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Kieren
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

This is what I get on the purchase setting screen. Its the same on the Sales settings as well.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 2.53.19 pm.png

Kieren
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

And this is what happens when you try and use a 'prefill from a source document'. Simply doesnt work.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 3.02.26 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 3.02.39 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 3.02.54 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 3.03.22 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 3.03.29 pm.png
Kieren
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

While we are at it. I just created an invoice from a quote. I didnt check the creation date of the invoice and then sent it out. I have only just now realised it created the invoice with the same date of creation as the quote. It should have been todays date not 4 weeks ago. Very embarrassed as it was my client who rang me and pointed it out to me.

I really feel like this update was not tested anywhere enough before release with the amount of issues that I have come across, and these are relatively simple issues that should have been tested.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
11,424 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,424Posts

1,350Kudos

1,710Solutions

Hi @Kieren 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Looking at your screenshot of the Purchases settings you do have both Services and Service and Items available to set as the default layout:

image.png

When creating transactions from the In tray the first line is prefilled according to the data able to be pulled from the invoice. As such, you do need to enter additional data in a new line. This Help Article, Working with In tray documents, has more information.

When converting a quote to an invoice all previously recorded data remains the same, you do need to make any required changes prior to saving.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Kieren
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

It simply doesnt work.

Even a simple invoice it fails to prefill correctly and then locks the line.

So this is what happens. I capture the image and send it to my in tray. All good.

I then prefill from that document and it does a little. The invoice number on this occasion it only prefilled half

It then populates the item line with only the dollar value. I the have to select (Services and Items) as it only shows services even though my default is Services and Items.

I can enter the first field (Item Id) but no other fields will populate. 

So I need to delete that line and start again. 

Another issue, if you have an invoice with multiple line items which is 99% of my invoices, it only ever puts the total in the first line which is useless.

Another very frustrating point is that nearly all my invoices are tax exclusive. The system used to remeber what I had used last time but now it always defaults to Tax Inclusive. 

I have added some screen shots so you can understand better. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.03.17 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.03.33 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.03.45 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.04.26 am.png
Kieren
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Well,

Nothing has changed since my last post. What is happening. It simply isnt good enough to be charging us for a product that doesnt work to how it used to. None of these problems have even been looked at.

Can you please take these issues seriously as I am not impressed at all

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post