Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

New essentials upgrade is terrible

I was hoping the kinks would have been ironed out by now but it has been at least a month now & I am still having the following issues. This is just a list of a few... I have two essentials subscriptions and one has been changed over to the new system and I have the following issues.

- The link on the invoice to payments doesn't work, so I can't take online payments.
- The link to view invoice online also doesn't work

Error message -

Well, this is awkward. Looks like something went wrong!
Please try again later or contact the issuing business for assistance.

- To output a pdf invoice it renames the invoice in a garble of letters and numbers instead of the invoice number (it is also a 3-4 step process to do this)
- I can't add different options to the dashboard & take away the irrelevant ones eg Payroll
- You can't change the fonts/styling format of the invoices and they are fugly
- It is now not a seamless switch between businesses
- When reconcilling invoices, it is hard to find them as it doesn't show the name, just the invoice number or bring up the list.  
- when reconcilling bank accounts, the items you search for flash up and then disapear? 
Please fix the bugs before changing businesses over.  If possible I would prefer to be switched back to the old system. I thought they'd be ironed out by now but it is still clunky.

10 REPLIES 10
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,533 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,533Posts

5,984Kudos

6,499Solutions

Re: New essentials upgrade is terrible

Hi @lizzy2 

The newer MYOB Essentials platform is a strong focus for our product teams with regular updates being deployed on that platform.

To address your points:

• This is a message that we have seen for some users. Generally, it would occur when you have an invalid character (not a number) in the invoice number of the transaction OR the customer is missing the Country on their contact record. As such, if you are encountering that message, well worth checking that information.

• Currently, when saving a PDF copy of the invoice the system will use a series of letters and numbers to reference that invoice as the default name. While this can be changed at the time of saving the PDF (update the name prior to saving in the Save window), it is not a record that can be updated by the user to use a different default such as the invoice number or customer name or combination, at this time.

• The Dashboard is designed to provide an overview of the business's sale, purchases, and how the business is tracking along with some other records. This information is not able to be changed or edited or removed by the user. While we may go down a path where in the future that information can be customised, it is not a current focus of the platform.

• Invoice templates use a default set of fonts and sizes for each field. This is not something that individual users are able to change at this stage.

• To switch a business in the new platform can be done via selecting the Business Name Menu>>Switch Business. This process would be similar to the Original platform. However, as you do have one business on that original platform and one of the new I can see where that annoyance and process is not as smooth for you. This situation should be resolved when we move you onto one platform so you can easily switch between the two on that platform.

• Sales>>Invoices should show you the name of the customer as well as the invoice number. If you want to use the Invoice. If you are using the Reconcile Accounts window to reconcile your invoices I would expect to see that description/memo of the transaction to be listed. For invoices, this would likely be "Sales; <Customer Name>". Although, we have seen some cases of migrated transactions not pulling through that description/memo as intended. This situation shouldn't impact newly recorded transactions in that platform.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

autobook
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Hi lizzy2,

Totally agree with all your comments.  MYOB have delivered a disaster and won't take any responsibility for all the faults in this dud of a program.  The original Essentials was a good product although it did have some bugs that were never resolved (over a period of 5 years that I constantly reported the issues), but this program has begun with a string of faults.  I have a client who is unable to assign Jobs within his employee timesheets and after more than 10hrs on calls to MYOB Support over a period of 2 weeks we were finally told that they will not be looking into the issue as they don't regard it as a big deal to most users.  Since then we have had numerous other issues with the system and I have to justify to my client why I advised him to switch to MYOB Business.

Many processes in MYOB Business require more steps than the Essentials version and everything seems to be like a backward step.

My client is also having issues trying to link invoices to Purchases as most of the time it fails with a generic "Network failed" message.  We have tried on multiple computers and many browsers but the issue occurs each time.  It appears that MYOB have released a dud product without ironing out the problems first.

Greenheart
Trusted Cover User
38 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

38Posts

49Kudos

2Solutions

@lizzy2 

Agree with all you wrote re the upgrade

On the issue of saving a inv with their number

I found if you view the inv in the browser ( see pic below ) you can then save it from there as a PDF

with the inv no rather then export it with all those numbers and letters. Still 3-4 step process but a little easier.

Hopefully they can fix these little glitches soon

Cheers

Save Inv.jpg
lizzy2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Greenheart, this is a good hack. Thanks for sharing! Aprreciated

lizzy2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for replying with your solutions to my problems. Many of these are solutions that were not a problem in the original software or include multiple steps or are not user friendly. When the software runs slow, these steps become significant. Also, some also seem to be bugs which is disapointing that MYOB didn't attempt to fix these before the roll out. 

Dashboard: It was previously customisable. Now instead I have big sections I can't take away which are irrelevant to my business - eg Payroll or bill. I no longer have gst paybable/owing for example. I would like to suggest it to be customisable or at least bring back what was taken away

Invoices - How can I set the "notes to customer" to my own template? I seem to have to fill this in again everytime now?

Everytime I log in & out of to my invoices page it resets the filters so I have to reset this to not include closed invoices everytime. Who cares about closed invoices? 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,533 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,533Posts

5,984Kudos

6,499Solutions

Hi @lizzy2 

While the Original MYOB Essentials platform did show some additional information, such as GST to pay, super and PAYG amounts, this was not customisable and would be a fixed window with fixed date and selection criteria. As indicated, in the future we may look at making the newer MYOB Essentials Dashboard more customisable and tailored to the user, however, that is long-term thinking and not something that the platform is currently capable of.

The Notes to customer field does have a series of pre-defined notes. If you are needing to add your own notes, you can type into the field underneath the Notes to customer field on the Create invoice window. This would be shown on the invoice when printed/emailed. Note: At this time, those notes do need to be entered manually. You are not able to set a default note or update the list of default notes.

In terms of your Invoice list resetting, when the Invoices window is open it should revert back to the previously selected list i.e. it should remember the last one selected. If that is not occurring it would tend to be a browser situation where it would be removing the stored information upon closing. You may want to tray another browser to see if the same situation does occur.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

TreeSurvey
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

100% aggree, the most annoyoing thing of all is viewing invoice list. I literally have to reset the filters EVERY SINGLE TIME I check this. MYOB you have destroyed and excellent program. You customer support sucks, I will be moving to XERO. 

lizzy2
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, 

Thanks for your reply. However, using another browser is not really a solution for the obvious problems with the invoice list. I use chrome & do not wish to switch browsers as it is not exactly an obsure option.

- When you click open invoices - it lists open and closed invoices

- the search function for invoices don't work when you search a customer invoice it often comes up as no invoices even though there is one in the system.

- It resets the search filters everytime (as previously mentioned)

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
9,561 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

9,561Posts

1,138Kudos

1,445Solutions

Hi @lizzy2 

We are now aware of an issue with the Status filter not automatically refreshing which is resulting in all invoices showing when the Status is set to Open. This is being investigated by our development team.

With regard to invoices not showing when searching by customer, check the column that you are filtering that search by. For example, if you are filtering by the Due date column, only invoices with a due date in the selected date range will appear. You can tell which column you're filtering by the small arrows next to the column name, the column you are filtering by will have one purple arrow and all other columns will have two grey arrows:

search.PNG

Please let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post