Partner Zone

Salary over paid

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NJ
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Salary over paid

For FY 21, Owner has paid some over payments (duplicate wages and gross pay instead net pay amounts ) for some employees. she is not intented to recover those overpayment from employees, as some of them already left the place. my question as a bookkeeper is, how can i record these overpaymentsin myob essential? for bank reconciliation purposes, i have allocated these over payments to casual wages & has completed the bank rec at that time. Accountant is not happy about it & he wants me to do a back dated additional pay run for each these overpayment. what is the best way to do this? any ideas ?? Tnx NJ

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
8,639 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

8,639Posts

719Kudos

1,317Solutions

Re: Salary over paid

Hi @NJ 

From the software perspective, you can go to the Payroll Reporting Centre, un-finalise the employees, then enter additional pays. After that, I'd suggest recording a $0 pay dated on 30/6/2021, send that to ATO to update the YTD records, then redo STP finalisation. Additionally, if the previous periods have been reconciled, deleting existing transactions would throw that period and subsequent periods out of balance, you'd need to undo reconciliation until that period, then redo them. 

It's best to check with your accountant & ATO regarding any impact it may occur for your reporting and the employees before making changes.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post