IanSki
1 Post
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Rules Not Working

I have been using MYOB Accountright for years, and I'm very familiar with using bank rules.

I have just started using MYOB Essentials for our sporting club. I have set up a file and imported transactions from the bank. I also set up a series of rules which - 12 hours ago - were doing a nice job of allocating the transactions for me.

But they have suddenly stopped working.

I have searched the community posts and found different suggestions that have not worked - eg record a spend money transaction, over-write the transaction ID number, match the transaction and Voila. eg open the bank rule and save it again without making any changes. 

I have also deleted and re-added various rules. All to no avail.

I want to recommend that the club keeps using MYOB, but I won't be if I can't get these rules to work. Has anybody found a solution that actually works, or is this a MYOB failure that has just stayed in the Too Hard Basket?

3 REPLIES 3
Jesh_D
MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

102Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Rules Not Working

Hi @IanSki 

Thank you for your post.  We've had some clients report that the banking rules being set up in New Essentials aren’t consistently applying to imported QIF files. Even though the rule is set up correctly and should be applying to the transactions, the rule is not applying. Can I confirm if this is the case for you?

If so, our product developers are investigating this issue and are working on a fix. While I can't give you a timeframe for when a fix will be ready, you can private message me and I will let you know once a fix is available. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tim8
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jesh,

Has this issue been fixed?  I have exactly the same problem with bank rules.  They work just fine when initially set up, but a few days later they wont.  If I go into the bank rule as if to edit it, but make no changes other than to save the rule, it will work again.  This is very frustrating to have to do each time.

I have a very similar issue with favourite reports.  That is, my favourite reports are never saved from one session to the next.

Cheers

Tim

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,383 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,383Posts

341Kudos

518Solutions

Hi @Tim8 

These issues are still under investigation by the product development teams for a permanent fix. We will notify you once there is an update. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this and thank you for your patience in the meanwhile. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post