Partner Zone

Bank/transactions feeds completely disappeared

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Cords
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank/transactions feeds completely disappeared

Hi all,

New to myob essentials, just going over my bank transaction feeds since 1/7/20 and double checking and allocating my most recent ones over the last few days then got this error message "An unrecognised error occurred - unknown error code" and everything has disappeared....... HELP!!

cheers brad

14 REPLIES 14
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Re: Bank/transactions feeds completely disappeared

Hello @Cords 

In order to better assist you, I may need a bit more information. Did you happen to grab a screenshot of the error? Generally with the "Unknown error code..." messages, they are followed by a Request ID: XXXXX (long string of numbers and letters). Also, were you doing anything else at the time with the accounts used on those transactions (rematching or allocating) or were you simply scrolling through to check them?

I have seen this with another user who was attempting to create a bank file and it was discovered that 

the linked accounts were not set up correctly. Please ensure that the linked account for electronic payments is a clearing account and not the actual bank account from which the money is paid out. This is explained in detail in Managing linked accounts help article. It would be also ideal to check the setup of electronic payments by going through Paying employees into their bank accounts article. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Cords
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily, I had only just finished allocating the last of my transactions, then was generating some reports to check gst allocation then went back into bank feeds to check gst entries and that's when the message came up. As per attached picture the error code doesn't show any numbers after it.

as for the bank accounts I only have 1 linked and it's my actual bank account which accounts are paid into and bills are paid out of. 

im only new to all this MYOB stuff, only have it because to accountant told me I needed it, seems to be getting a bit confusing

brad

C3485EA5-A049-4BDD-A31E-F2D67D18368B.jpeg

Cords
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hi @Cords 

Thanks for the info and screenshot. Could you please confirm if you have started fresh with Essentials, or if you were prevously using another MYOB software and have migrated (even from the older Essentials platform to the new version you are currently using)?

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Cords
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Emily_B 

Started fresh with essentials only back in august, doing it on the iPad 

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @Cords 

How did you import the transactions in the first place - Bank Feeds, or through an import .qif file? Thank you for continuing to work with me on this; there have been a few reports of .qif files behaving strangely in the newer Essentials platform so I just want to check if you might fall into that category or not. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Cords
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Emily_B 

automatic bank feeds but had to do a weeks worth I think via import .qif at the start because feeds only started part through first month of this financial year. Bank feeds have been from about 7/7/20 onwards and were working fine but then all of September has disappeared 

Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Hello @Cords 

Looking at your account it looks like you have been in touch with our phone based team. I just want to double check to see if you are waiting on information from another investigation. If not, I am happy to continue troubleshooting here for you. 

If that is the case please let me know if just the bank feeds transactions have disappeared, or if everything is gone including the .qif transactions originally imported? If you could provide a specific date range i.e. 1/7/20 until today everything is gone, or 7/7/20 to today. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Cords
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Emily_B 

I did talk to myob and they told me there was nothing they could do so my accountant (gold myob partner) was chasing it up, we were told it can take up to 5 business days (has now been 6) but I haven't heard anything from MYOB as yet.

i checked last night and the feeds have started to come back into myob but only from the 15/9/20 so I'm missing all feeds from 1/9/20 - 14/9/20 

Istill have the same error message come up in bank feeds with absolutely nothing displayed. But if I change the date to current financial year then change the end date to 31/8/20 all July and august comes up. As soon as you try search September as well there's the issue. Then if you do a search from 15/9/20 to current all the 15/9/20-23/9/20 comes. 

I'm getting a bit concerned as I need to do BAS etc soon and a bank reconciliation and am falling behind on my data entry.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post