Bills paid from unrelated bank accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Carbine
4 Posts
User
Carbine

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bills paid from unrelated bank accounts

G'day MYOBers,

Prior to getting Essentials we made a lot of purchases for our business on our personal credit cards. When setting up Essentials i put all these expenses in as Bills (under 'Create Bill') and even though they are paid they show up as unpaid because I can't match them to a transaction in our linked bank accounts. I feel that these payments should be 'owner's equity' and have tried 'spend money' but this uses linked accounts. Should I remove these expenses from Bills and try to allocate them some other way? I'm (obviously) new to this game but I find Essentials works really well until it comes time to clean up old mistakes, then I fall in a heap.

Any help much appreciated

JT

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11642Posts

1357Kudos

1634Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bills paid from unrelated bank accounts

Hi @Carbine 

I’d be inclined to speak with your accountant over this, specifically how those purchases on your personal cards should be handled within the file. Once you accountant has provided you with information on how these transactions should be recorded then you can correct the file as appropriate

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post