nicolealyb
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can not emend or delete payruns

Hello,

Urgently need to resolve in order to submit finalisation before end of the month.

Two situations.

-One payroll was over paid by $1 so couldn´t be matched in bank rec. I created a new payrun for the same week for $1. Matched. PROBLEM: Can not find this payrun in the reporting section to submit to ATO.

.Second - a duplicate pay was entered in November last year. PROBLEM. Can not create a new payrun with negative value to reverse. I google what to do in essentials. It says to go to the employee tab and delete there.... (not sure how that is supposef to work as the original payrun has other employees?). However, when i click the delete i get the message "You can delete this transaction only after all the later pay transactions have been deleted in the month of November and the employee is saved."... THis seems crazy, so i delete and reenter any ones after the date in the month? This is crazy. Why? Please help urgently- Question, what happens to orignal payruns and other employees? How to i delete the duplicate payrun with out making a bigger mess or so much work. 

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
4,915 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,915Posts

472Kudos

754Solutions

Re: Can not emend or delete payruns

Hi @nicolealyb 

Welcome to the Community Forum!

For your first query, you can do a $0 payrun dated 30/06/2021 and once declared, that will send the updated year-to-date figures to the ATO. You can also verify this by running the year-to-date (YTD) verification report in the Payroll Reporting Centre>>EOFY Finalisation tab

Regarding your query of deleting the duplicate, you will have to delete the later payruns in the month of November and then re-enter them after the duplicate has been deleted. If the payruns to be deleted are for an individual employee only, you will need to go Employees>>Employee name>>Pay History>>Click on X to delete payrun for any applicable period (This does not delete payrun for all employees but for one employee only). 

As the reversals cannot be entered through MYOB Essentials, this is the only workaround for correcting this situation. 

More information on this can be found on: Changing or deleting a pay

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post