Deleting discount given

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Deleting discount given

Hi

This query is regarding MYOB Essentials

I need to delete  a payment to supplier which includes a discount given. When I delete the payment it tells me I have to delete the discount. I went to the general ledger to find the account - Discount Given - and there is nothing posted to that account. 

I also have another query regarding bank reconciliation. If I manually enter a payment for a supplier I seem to have two entries in the bank rec. One has automatically come through the bank feeds and the other I have manually entered. How can I delete the one that has automatically come through or do I just need to delete the manual entry.

Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,114 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,114Posts

5,037Kudos

5,427Solutions

Re: Deleting discount given

Hi @deb_accounts

To delete a discount given that has been added to a supplier payment go to the relevant Bill (Purchases>>Bills and navigate to the required Bill). Once you have that Bill open on the screen, in the bottom right would be the Activity section. Within there you would have to credit applied to the Bill. You would need to click into the PJ based, which is that discount given amount application transaction and delete this before you can delete the payment on the Bill.

If a transaction has come through via Bank Feeds, do match that transaction to the respective MYOB Essentials. Don't select to allocate that transaction, by doing so you may be increasing your expense/income and effectively double dipping.  If that has occurred, it is recommended that you go to Banking>>Bank Tranasctions>>Navigate to the required bank transaction and select the cross against the allocation of that transaction. When that has been unallocated, you can use the match function to match it to the relevant MYOB Essentials transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post