Error when downloading bank statements

1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error when downloading bank statements

Hi - I'm trying to import bank statements but keep getting an error message "xxxx  statement lines were ignored as the transaction dates are prior to the start date for entering transactions into the system" These are the transactions prior to settling up the bank feed.  I had checked the account date and that is correct  - any other ideas please?

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Re: Error when downloading bank statements

Hi @dibuck14 

Thank you for your post. 

If your imported statement contains transactions which are dated prior to your opening balance date, you'll receive that error message. Statement transactions will only be imported if they are dated on or after your opening balance date, however this help article provides steps on how to edit the opening balance date: Entering opening balances.

Please do let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I also had this problem for transactions dated 6/10 to 10/10.  No matter how many times I did this it would not import those transactions.  It has happened before where a few days just won't import.  I'm thinking it's a glitch between MYOB and my bank.  The message I receive is that it has imported xx amount of transactions and ignored xx amount of transactions that have already been imported, even though they haven't.  I've had to manually enter them in.

MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @Wattlebrook 

Thank you for your post. Are you able to share with me the import log by positing it to this post? I'm particularly interested in the message as it might give us some clues to why some imports are being missed. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jesh

This is what it would have said (I have now manually entered in the missing transactions)

"4 new statement lines have been imported successfully.
196 statement lines were ignored that have been imported previously."

Even though they hadn't been imported it said they were and so were ignored.

I'm also having trouble with my account logging out all the time.  Do you know if this issue has been fixed/able to be fixed without disabling my security features?

MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @Wattlebrook 

As per what you've done, my recommendation was to manually enter those 4 transactions in Essentials, then tick them to reconcile manually via Banking > Reconcile Accounts. Please let us know if this error occurs again. 

With regards to the second question, it is still being investigated and we do hope to provide a permanent solution at the earliest. In the meantime, however, the only workaround available is to manually disable flags related to browser cookies as instructed in this post.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post