Essential Gross payruns

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner Sally001
146 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

146Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Essential Gross payruns

Spoiler
H

Hi,

The accountant wants a quarterly payrun entered in Essentials to match the Activity statement that was lodged.

Why cant I override the gross hours? I notice the PAYG tax you can override and enter the figures you need.

Also the only dates available are limited to monthly and I need to enter quarterly.

I can alter it to be monthly but its still asking for hours when I need to enter a very large

Gross amount and the tax amount that the accountant gave me??

If I enter a higher hourly rate you cant enter higher than 1000. I need to enter a quarterly figure of $18,000 gross?

What is the solution here?

Thanks Sally.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

507Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Essential Gross payruns

Hi @Sally001,

Essentials Accounting can cater for weekly, fortnightly and monthly pay runs, but not quarterly. Therefore you won't be able to set the pay period to be longer than one month, and would need to enter the figures manually.

It will still let you proceed further by entering a monthly pay, and enter the quarterly figure in one pay. You can edit the total hours worked in this pay, the hours worked cannot exceed 1000, which isn't a problem as total hours worked in a quarter should be far lower than 1000. As you've already noticed, the PAYG amount in the pay needs to be manually updated also.

It's also a good idea to double check the leave balance after the pay is recorded, as the system will only treat it as a monthly pay.

Personally I'd suggest breaking the quarterly figures into 3 monthly pays, this way the pay period, leave accrual will be correct, and the total figure for the quarter will be the same. 

Hope this helps. Please do let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Sally001
146 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

146Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Essential Gross payruns

Thank you.

I sorted it out. Since its only an adjustment for the accountant for the Director (no payslips or leave needed),

I entered an hourly rate of $100 to get the figure $18000 gross figure. Then I could overwrite the tax as 

per the accountants figures.

Sally.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post