Cover User
New Zealand
RBlamires
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

GST billed seperately on imported goods

I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I can't find it.

We have recently bought some equipment from China for which a payment of $1,355 NZD was wire transferred.  The supplier's invoice showed no tax amount.  The carrier (FEDEX) sent us an invoice when the goods arrived in NZ which contains the GST to be paid on the imported goods ($ 203.55) along with a Customs ITF Fee ($ 45.80) and the GST on that ($ 6.87)  -  Total ($ 256.22).

How on earth do I code these two seperate invoices so that the GST report works correctly please?

The equipment will become a fixed asset (1-2100 - Lab Equipment) normal tax code S15.

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
26,984 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

26984Posts

3131Kudos

3953Solutions

Re: GST billed seperately on imported goods

Hi @RBlamires

I would recommend speaking to an accountant in regards to the best way to record those transactions including the amounts, accounts and tax codes involved in that transaction.

However, if your transaction line is solely tax i.e 100% of it is tax you would be looking at having a grossed by GST value line to give you the required GST amount. You then have a second line on the transaction affecting the same account to reduce the amount but have a 0% GST on it. For example:

Attachment2.PNG

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
RBlamires
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
RBlamires
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GST billed seperately on imported goods

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your response. I will give that a go.

Regards,

Rob

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post