Generating and Printing Reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User steph_r
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Generating and Printing Reports

I have just bought a new mac. I completed my GST workings and went to generate to print the reports, nothing happened. I wont even generate them. It works with all the other reports I have found.

Has anybody else had this problem before?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

303Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Generating and Printing Reports

Hi there @steph_r,

Firstly, what browser are you using? Do you have a pop-up blocker installed for that browser? If so, please note that as MYOB Essentials displays the reports in a new window / tab, having a pop-up blocker may prevent the report from actually showing up. As such, we do recommend that you first disable any pop-up blockers you may have (follow the instructions listed for your specific browser).

In the event where that hasn't worked for you, could you also please try clearing your browser cache and see if that resolves your issue?

Do let us know how that goes.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Partner DBH
7 Posts
Partner
New Zealand
Partner

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cannot generate GST report.  Have cleared browsing cache & loaded [*.]essentials.myob.co.nz, [*.]myob.co.nz & [*.]myob.com as exceptions to my pop-up blocker (in Chrome).  What should I try ?

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

303Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there @DBH,

Great to see you've taken the troubleshooting steps outlined above.

I'd be curious to know as to whether you're able to generate the report if you try it on a different browser (e.g. Firefox)? Please do note that Chrome is the browser we generally recommend for use with MYOB Essentials - however, I do think it'd be worth trying just to work out whether the issue is browser-specific or whether it's found across all browsers.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Partner DBH
7 Posts
Partner
New Zealand
Partner

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I tried on Internet Explorer as well but same error message.  Have I loaded the correct details for the exceptions ?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @DBH

Thanks for trying that out and letting us know your findings.

Are you able to try just disabling the pop-up blocker on your Google Chrome outright, as opposed to putting in exceptions and then trying to generate the report. This will tell you one of two things, if the report displays then it would suggest that the exceptions aren’t correct and may require some more adjusting. In contrast if the report doesn’t appear even with the pop-up blocker fully disabled then it would suggest that something else may be causing the issue.

Do let us know how you get on with this, and please don’t forget to re-enable your pop-up blocker after you have tested the above.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner DBH
7 Posts
Partner
New Zealand
Partner

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have just tried with the popup blocker disabled (through Chrome settings) but still same error message -

"Sorry, the dots just don't join up right now.

If you continue to have a problem accessing pages, please contact MYOB Essentials support.

Go Back to Dashboard"

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,303 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,303Posts

515Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @DBH,

Thank you very much for providing the exact error message. 

This error is a Partner Dashboard related error, often caused by having user(s) created in Partner Dashboard without all the information completed, e.g. the last name. Please log back in to the Partner Dashboard, and complete these user details. 

The error can also occur if have incomplete business details, please log in to the Partner Dashboard, select My Profile to complete the business details. 

Please do let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post