Highlighted
JudyH13
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Intray

When using the In tray, how is Income processed through this system, as there is only a create new spend money.

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Intray

Hi @JudyH13 

The In Tray system is designed to allow clients to upload a document or copy of the original transaction for reference. Typically, you would attach a document to Spend Money or Purchases transactions. These types of transactions are generally expense type transactions for the business i.e. when the business spends money.

Income-based transactions i.e. Sales or Receive Money transactions are to be recorded through the respective window and don't allow for the uploading of documents. You can record a Sale transaction via Sales>>Invoices and Banking>>Receive Money.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JudyH13
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply Steven.  I have found that I can upload the documents to the In Tray,  Select the Income Account Code that applies to the transaction, then place a minus in front of the dollar amount.  This then enables the Sale Document to be uploaded to MYOB.  Kind Regards Judy

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @JudyH13 

While you are welcome to do that, I would actually advise against that.

Pushing aside the accounting side of things, the reporting on that GST is going to put it all into the Purchase side of things. When you record a transaction in MYOB Essentials the type of transaction that is recorded will determine where it will show up in terms of GST reporting. For example, if you record a sale that will show in the Sales value, a purchase will show on the purchase value. Recording a negative purchase to an income account is still going to have that value included in the purchase value. So assuming that you recorded your sales like that your GST are going to be placed into the purchase value and thus you will have a hard time separating those tax values out for reporting.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JudyH13
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I am a little confused with your response.  I have printed out a GST Report for Activity Statment - Cash Basis and the Sales Income is showing at G1 and the GST Payable is showing at 1A.  The GST Transaction Detials Report also shows the income in Sales and Income and the GST in the Tax Collected column.

Can you please explain your advice further.

Thanks Judy

JudyH13
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I have printed out a GST Report for Activity Statement - Cash Basis and the Sales Income entered is showing at G1 and the GST Payable is showing at 1A.  The GST Transactions Detailed Report also shows the income in Sales and Income, and the GST collected  is in the Tax Collected column.  So from what I can see putting by it in as a Spend Money  (so we can use the In Tray button), and coding the sale to an Income Code from your chart of accounts, the putting a minus in from of the dollar amount is actually working. 

We will MYOB be addressing the problem in essentials and add Income to the In Tray.

Thanks

Judy

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @JudyH13 

Great to hear that the software is doing what you require by recording that negative Spend Money transaction.

At this stage, to my knowledge,  the ability to store documents for Sales/income is not something that we are working on. Although, it may be something that we do add in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post