MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Is MYOB Essentials down?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User MidlandHP
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
MidlandHP
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Is MYOB Essentials down?

I'm having trouble with MYOB Essentials today, with both Safari and Google Chrome coming up saying can't find the server.
I've tried clearing the cache and cookies on both, but that's not working either.

Anyone else having this problem?

9 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,033 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4033Posts

628Kudos

589Solutions

Re: Is MYOB Essentials down?

Hi @MidlandHP

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great source of information.

I have checked Essentials on my end and could not find any troubles and I don't seem to see any other reports from other Users.

If you are experiencing this issue, I have a few things to try and if they fail I would like a bit more information from the environment you are connecting from:

Things to try:

1. Attempt to flush the DNS cache on your computer, instructions can be found here: How to flush DNS Cache

2. Try restarting the Modem. (Turn off for 30 seconds and then turn back on)

3. Try using an Incognito window in Chrome to go to Essentials (Shift, Ctrl, N).

If all of the above fails to work, can you please let me know the following:

1. What Internet service provider are you with? (IE: Telstra, Optus, etc)

2. When was the last time you could log into Essentials? (Yesterday or a few hours ago)

Please let us know how you go.

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
MidlandHP
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Hayden, however after trying everything you said including restarting my computer I still can't log into Essentials.

Attached are shots of the error messages I'm receiving.

Chrome.png
Safari.png
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
MidlandHP
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I'm with Activ8me on a Skymuster satellite NBN service, which is running fine for everything else.

I was using MYOB until about 4pm yesterday.

Rob18
1 Post
Cover User
Rob18
Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I am having the exact same issues as well. There are also several others stating the same issue on the MYOB Facebook page.

I have done all the steps as suggested above and still can not get the MYOB essentials login page to load.

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
MidlandHP
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I just tried on our PC and I can't get it up on IE either.

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,033 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4033Posts

628Kudos

589Solutions

Hi @MidlandHP

Thank you for the screenshots. They state that they can't obtain the Server's IP Address. Normally this refers to DNS Resolver Caching errors, though if you have turned off your modem for 30 seconds and turned it back on as well as clearing the DNS Resolver Cache, this tends to resolve the troubles.

I have tested on several connections, though unfortunately I don't have access to an activ8me connection, and I was successfully able to access MYOB Essentials.

The common difference between me being able to access the server and yourself would suggest the Internet Connection. Whilst you may be able to access other pages, there are occurrences of some ISP's being unable to access some specific services.

Would you happen to be able to try testing on a separate connection? For example if you have a Smartphone, can you access the Essentials website without being connected to the activ8me connection?

@Rob18 I see that you're experiencing this issue also, from a look at our own Facebook page I can see 2 reports though 1 was resolved last night by turning the Modem off for 30 seconds and turning it on again. If this did not resolve your issue, can I ask if you are also using an activ8me connection?

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
MidlandHP
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Hayden.

After turning WIFI off on my phone I was able to access the login page.

So, being as it's clearly an internet provider issue, what do you suggest I do? I'm pretty sure if I contact Activ8me they'll refer me back to you seeing as I have connection with everything else.

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,033 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4033Posts

628Kudos

589Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @MidlandHP

While I strongly recommend reaching out to your ISP to see if they can prevent any issues in future, a suggestion that may work for you is by changing your computer's DNS settings to connect to Google's DNS and see if this allows you to resolve the Essentials domain. I have included instructions for you below:

Before continuing, I suggest noting down any existing DNS Settings you currently have before changing them so you can return to them later if needed.

Going by your screenshots above (and use of Safari) I'm assuming you have a Mac, here is Google's own instructions on changing your DNS Settings on a Mac: Configure your network settings to use Google Public DNS (click here)

Once you have set the DNS Settings, just open a page like Google to make sure the DNS Resolver is working (If you can load the page, you should be good). If all is correct, just go to: MYOB Essentials Australia

1 of 2 things should happen here:

1. You continue to experience issues; If this is the case, please contact your ISP as they are definitely needing to investigate and resolve this for you permanently.

2. You can load the page; In which case, you can continue using the system. Though I still suggest contacting the ISP when you have a chance as you should not have needed to go through this and may experience other issues with other online services separate from MYOB.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
MidlandHP
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much for your help and advice Hayden.

I was about to do as you suggested but decided to check my connection first and am now able to log in to my Essentials. How typical!

I've made a note of your suggestion and if it happens again I'll definitely give it a shot.

Cheers, Kay

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post