MYOB Essentials Accounts unable to be selected to pay suppliers

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Marsali2019
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Essentials Accounts unable to be selected to pay suppliers

I have just started using Myob Essentials, and have entered bills to pay. However, when I go to make payment for these, I am not able to select any of the bank accounts I have previously set up. The field won’t actually allow me to select any accounts, and in fact doesn’t show any accounts to choose from.  What am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,080 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,080Posts

4,262Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials Accounts unable to be selected to pay suppliers

Hi @Marsali2019 

When you go to Purchases>>Pay Bills you have the option to select a From account. This would be the account that you have made the payment from in real life/the MYOB Essentials equivalent. If your account is not appearing in the list of accounts in that From account list I would make sure that it is a Banking (or Credit Card) type account i.e. Business Name Menu (top right)>>Accounts>>Account lists - navigate to that account and check the Type listed). 

Note: From memory, there is a browser-specific error that the From account drop-down list will not populate i.e. you select the drop-down arrow and nothing appears. If that is occurring trying with a different Internet Browser would be the recommendation.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Marsali2019
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, I have confirmed that the account is set up correctly. I have also attempted this using a different browser but still no luck.  In addition, I can see on the dashboard, while all other fields are populated, the Bank Accounts section shows as $0 despite when I look at the full list of accounts, there are the correct amounts listed on each one.  Any other thoughts?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,080 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,080Posts

4,262Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Marsali2019 

So we can investigate further can you provide a copy of your Account List showing those accounts and one of the Pay Bills window showing those accounts not appearing in the list.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Marsali2019
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, attachments to reflect what I am seeing.

Payment screen.PNG
Accounts List.PNG
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,080 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,080Posts

4,262Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Marsali2019 

Thank you for providing those screenshots, I can see the problem now.

You will see in the Account list screenshot you have Current Assets listed for those accounts, this is the type of that account*. This account type does need to be set to be Banking for those accounts to appear. You should be able to change this by selecting Edit accounts (top of the Account list) and use the dropdown to select Banking for those accounts before selecting Save. Note: you would need to remove the opening balance, select the Save button, adjust the type before selecting Save again then added the opening balance back in.

*The reason for the confusion is that the Header Account is Banking. The Header Account is basically, an account that collates the balance of all the accounts underneath it. The name of that account has no impact of whether or not it appears in that Pay from dropdown.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Marsali2019
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

You are amazing Stephen, thank you so much!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post