User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Essentials - Receive Monies Menu -> My Bank Account is Missing

Hi all

First time of forums..

I am following this link https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ea/Receive+money#expand-ToenteraReceiveMoneydeposit but cannot see my bank account in the drop down menu so I can enter deposits. 

It might be that I when I was adding in the bank account in "Accounts List" I changed the type to Current Asset rather than Banking (as I am following a manual balance sheet and there is no "banking header").  I also cannot change this account subtype to "Banking" but have added in the banking header.

Would anyone know to how fix this as I have 2 bank accounts that monies are being deposit for a not for profit association? Thanks in advance.  

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB Essentials - Receive Monies Menu -> My Bank Account is Missing

Hi @AnnaVee 

For an account to appear in the Deposit to/Pay from account list the account does need to have the Type of Bank or Credit card. You can check the Type of an account via your Business Name Menu (top right)>>Accounts list and using the Type column.

Should you wish to change the type of an account you would go into the Account list, select Edit accounts, update the desired account before selecting Save. So, in your case, do navigate to that account after selecting Edit accounts and update the Type to be Bank.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Note: This post is referring to the Type column, this is regardless of Parent heading status.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AnnaVee
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials - Receive Monies Menu -> My Bank Account is Missing

Hi all

Solved this by adding the duplicating bank account but type with "Bank" - could not edit.

Deleted the wrong bank account (that had current assets).

All good now and query is solved.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post