Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials Sale Reconciliation Report

I have created a customer return and applied it against an invoice. 

The debit and credit are still showing in the sales reconciliation report. How do I clear these out?

5 REPLIES 5
Emily_B
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

168Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials Sale Reconciliation Report

Hello @Jo17 

After you complete a customer return as outlined in Help Article: Processing customer returns, you should then have a new transaction in Essentials reflecting this in the Bank Transactions window. The credit should be able to be matched to the initial payment transaction from the customer, while the debit can then be matched to the return transaction that is created. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SB033
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi There

I have the same problem.  I don't understand your process in the 'Bank Transaction window'.  The credit is matched to the initial payment transaction during the process as is the return transaction.  I cannot see another 'banking' area where I need to match these transactions.  The processes look correct but the reports do not balance.

Kirsti

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,166Posts

736Kudos

807Solutions

Hi @SB033 

If the original sale and customer return are in different aging periods they will appear in the Sales Reconciliation report in the aging period they were recorded. This shouldn't cause the report to be out of balance though. If you do have an out of balance amount I would recommend that you haven't been recording transactions directly to the Accounts receivable account.

The best way to find this out is work out the date in which the Sales Reconciliation report first becomes out of balance (i.e. run it for multiple dates, narrowing down the date). Once you have found that date run the General ledger details report for that Accounts receivable account for that date. This will show you all the transactions for that date for you to review.

If you are talking about a different report or issue please do let me know so that I can assist

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Jo17
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My issue for me is the invoice and credit are sitting open in the aged receivables report. I want to be able to clear them out so they are not showing.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,166Posts

736Kudos

807Solutions

Hi @Jo17 

As explained in my previous reply, if the original sale and customer return are in different aging periods they will appear in the Reconciliation report in the aging period they were recorded. As far as the balance of the account goes, they do clear each other out and will eventually disappear from the report.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post