Partner Zone
Partner Zone

MYOB SuperPortal upload error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User alexDGZ
23 Posts
Contributing Cover User
alexDGZ
Contributing Cover User

23Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB SuperPortal upload error

I have tried to upload the super csv file into the SuperPortal but i get a red error message reading:

An error occurred while processing 'paysuper (4).csv'. An employer in this file is unknown. You are not authorised to resolve this issue.

We have only started using Essentials for payroll form 30 June 2018 so this will be our first upload. We have previously used AccountRight for payroll and a Sunsuper clearing house for the super. We currently do not have any employer no.'s in the superannuation tab under each employee in Essentials as we previously just used one employer no. provided to us by SunSuper when using the clearing house. Could the issue be that we are required to obtain an employer no. from each separate Super Fund that our employees use? ie one for SunSuper, one for QSuper, one for Hesta etc.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,357 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11357Posts

1292Kudos

1594Solutions

Re: MYOB SuperPortal upload error

Hi @alexDGZ

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource

Generally speaking that error message means one of two things, but both relate to the same thing. The first is that the ABN in the company file which prepared the file doesn’t match the ABN number inside the super portal. As this number is used by the Super Portal to ensure that the superannuation contribution file is from the correct company, if these didn’t match then it would produce that error.

The other possibility, which can sometimes happen when downloading the contribution file from MYOB Essentials, is that the contribution file has been opened in another program like Excel. When the contribution file gets opened in programs like Excel, some numbers can have there formatting changed which in turn makes it unreadable to the Super Portal. If the contribution file has been downloaded, please refrain from opening the file up in any other programs before it gets uploaded into the Super Portal

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post