MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Part-payment of payroll - allocate how?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Josh123
2 Posts
Cover User
Josh123
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Part-payment of payroll - allocate how?

We processed a pay, and a few days later an employee pointed out that they were due for leave loading. So I went back to the pay, and added in leave loading. I paid the extra cash to the employee on that later day. So there were two payments: the regular pay 29/6, and the leave loading, 3/7, both relating to the pay run of 29/6..

Now the question is how to deal with the bank transactions. With that first payment, it seems I can't allocate a "partial payment" to that employee. I tried to follow the instruction: here but it didn't work - after allocating the rest of the pay to the other employees, the employee to whom I want to allocate the last bit of the payment is greyed out and untickable.

The payroll journal transaction is uneditable; if I could go in and make changes, I would try splitting the bank component into two lines to let it be matched on two different dates.

What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,198 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29198Posts

3493Kudos

4286Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Part-payment of payroll - allocate how?

Hi @Josh123

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

MYOB Essentials will only allow for the user to match to full payroll transaction payments, not partial ones. As such, for your situation I would recommend doing the following:

1. Selecting to deleting that payroll transaction(s) - MYOB Essentials Help Article: Delete or edit a pay
  2. Once that pay has been deleted, navigated to the Employee and select to Split pay between two accounts in the Banking section of the  Employee details tab. You would need to split the pay where x amount is the regular pay and the remaining amount is for the leave loading payment.
  3. You would then process that payroll transaction for that employee, including that leave loading amount on the pay.

What this process would do is split the value of that employee's pay, based on the entered Banking information and generate two banking transactions for that one pay. You can then select to match those pay transactions to required bank feed transactions.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Josh123
2 Posts
Cover User
Josh123
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Part-payment of payroll - allocate how?

Thanks, your instructions were clear and they solved the problem.

I hope MYOB sees this as a workaround, not a good ongoing practice for customers to use in these situations.  It's error prone with the risk of forgetting afterwards to reverse the artificial split in the setup of the employee's bank accounts.  I'd prefer the option to split someone's pay on a one-off basis when entering a single pay, without affecting their default setup.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post