Terminating an employee in essentials

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PPS_123
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Terminating an employee in essentials

Hi,

How do I process a termination pay on essentials?

I've entered the termination date and made the employee inactive.

How do I reconcile the annual leave etc.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

302Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Terminating an employee in essentials

Hi there @PPS_123,

Welcome to the Community Forum. We do hope you find it a valuable resource for getting the most out of your software.

As you are unable to process a termination pay for inactive employees, you will have to make the employee in question active again prior to paying out their annual leave balance. You can do this by going into Payroll > Employees > tick 'Show inactive' > click on their name > tick 'Active employee'.

To pay our their accrued annual leave, do a pay run for the employee with all fields zeroed out (e.g. no hours worked, etc). Enter in the amount of annual leave you need to pay out into the Annual leave field (for easy reference, their available hours should be shown in brackets). Click on Review Payslips and ensure that the Annual leave balance listed towards the bottom of the pay slip is 0. Process the pay.

Additional information regarding processing a termination pay can be found on our help page Managing your employees' leave (see the section on 'Make a termination payment - AU).

Please do let us know how you go, and feel free to post again should you have any other queries.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
PPS_123
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

That's it.  Thank you very much Smiley Happy

lyano
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I also need to process a termination pay, I have followed the steps as described and entered the annual leave amount shown in brackets however, there is still a remaining 1.83 annual leave hours in the payslip.

Would I have to now process a separate payrun for those hours?

Are there any other steps other than enter a finish date and make the employee inactive?

Thanks!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @lyano

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge. If you do have enquires don't hesitate to post them so the MYOB Community can assist.

The "Annual leave available" field on the payslip is used to calculated as the leave accrued at the end of the pay period. So the may be a difference compared to the brackets on the Enter Pay screen. Below is an extract from Help Article: Managing your employees' leave which explains it:

(Australia only) Note that these balances include the amount of leave accrued during the pay period. That is, the balance is shown as at the end of the pay period. This will usually be different to the balance shown on the Pay run screen and the Leave tab of the employee record before you do the pay run.

I would recommend speaking with Fair Work Australia or an accountant in regards to whether or not you should pay that value out for the leave they have accrued during that final pay. If required you would just process another payroll transaction for that employee and enter the value of hours outstanding for leave to pay as per normal.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post