Two Factor Authentication 'Trust this device for 30 days'

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CarrBarnett-BB
4 Posts
User
Australia

4Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Two Factor Authentication 'Trust this device for 30 days'

The 'Trust this device for 30 days' box hasn't been working for a couple weeks now.

When the users in our office first set up two factor authentication we only had to use it every 30 days.

Now we have to do this step every time we log in to any MYOB product even though we tick the 'Trust this device for 30 days.

Any ideas what has caused this?

29 REPLIES 29
MYOB Moderator Satyam_N
316 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

316Posts

66Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Two Factor Authentication 'Trust this device for 30 days'

Hi @CarrBarnett-BB

Thanks for posting on the MYOB Community Forum.

Generally, there a couple of things that could affect it from working:

• If you are logging in from another device (browser or computer) that you haven’t selected “remember for 30 days”, then you will be required to enter the 2-factor authentication code for that device.
  • If the browser is not correctly caching the data (AccountRight software does use your browser from the backend to process 2-Factor Authentification). Best to clear your browser's cache and cookies. If you are using AccountRight you would need to clear the cache/cookies in both your default browser and Internet Explorer/Edge (if they are different).

If you are still struggling with the issue, there some  changes in the browser settings that I will like to suggest:

1. I opened Internet Options from the Start Menu

temp.PNG

2. I go to the Security Tab and click Trusted Websites:

temp.PNG

3. I opened Sites and add https://*.myob.com

temp.PNG

4. I ensure the Security Level for these specific sites were Low in order to save Cookies.

temp.PNG

Clicking Apply or OK to save these changes, I needed to restart AccountRight to reflect the change.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Cheers,
Satyam
MYOB Client Support
CarrBarnett-BB
4 Posts
User
Australia

4Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Satyam,

We tried both your suggestions and still need to use the 2 factor authentication each day.

We cleared my browsers cache and cookies in Chrome & Internet Explorer.

We also added myob as a trusted site with a low security level.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Trusted Partner Lisa_BBP
63 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

63Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Satyam_N @CarrBarnett-BB

I am experiencing the same problem whereby I need to use the Authenticator code each time I log in.  I have several clients and several computers and each one is the same where I need to use the code each time.

It used to work well, logging in each 30 days but not working now for the last couple of weeks.

Contributing Cover User aksquared
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

*Sorry to jump in on the same thread, but I didnt think it was worth starting a new one for the exact same issue*

I'm having the same issue, for the past month or so. Using MYOB Essentials.

I use two different computers, one Win10, other Win7, and use Chrome on both. On both computers, every day I tick 'remember me for 30 days' when logging in but the next day have to supply another authentication code. When it first started, the Win10 machine started doing it first, then a few days later the Win7 PC started doing it.

I have tried all the suggestions, of deleting cookies and cache (plus history and everything else) - I have deleted these so many times it is becoming annoying as all my other sites log me out every time I clear the cache/cookies.

Yesterday on one PC I completely uninstalled Chrome, and went to %appdata% and deleted the Chrome folders from Local and Roaming folders (where the profile and cookies are stored). Then reinstalled, and logged back into MYOB Essentials telling to remember me for 30 days. This morning same thing again, I need to enter the 2FA code.

I know each one has to be done separately - I'm just saying that 2 different machines here have the same issue, and clearing cookies/cache clearly doesn't work.

Experienced Partner TraceyShenton
24 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

24Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same issue - several clients and everyday having to do it all again.  It is becoming a tad silly now and very time wasting.

Trusted Partner brasstacks
32 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

32Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks - I will try this. As with everyone else, it used to work but now requires two-factor authentication every day. Suggest you fix whatever it is that's broken.

JBPearce
7 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

7Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I am also havng this problem.  If it is anything like the superannuation issue I guess it will take MYOB years to fix.

Donna24
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have also tried all the solutions and it still requires authentication every time. Got a new computer this week and thought great no cache or anything to clear and nope same issue straight up and every log in since. Perhaps the better solution is the ability to switch two factor off.

Contributing Cover User aksquared
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Come on MYOB, can you fix this issue please? Or give us the option to remove 2FA until you can fix it? This is seriously annoying.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post